16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16GG
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with Nick . GG's name came up ...... any of you New Englanders ever here anything from him . He hasn't been here in quite a while .

MSM2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:10 am  Reply with quote

GG and I weren't exactly best of friends, but we did learn to tolerate each other. I haven't heard from him or about him in quite a few years. I bet it's been 6 years now. I never actually talked to GG, but we did PM a couple times on here.

Nick and GG, from what I remember used to talk now and again. I would have thought that Nick might know.....guess not.

16gaDavis
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:50 am  Reply with quote

Mark , Nick knows GG's whole name ... Next time we chat , if I remember it , I'll get that info and do a search and see if anything comes up .... We used to get along kinda gruff , but I understand everyone is opinionated !

MSM2019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:51 am  Reply with quote

Yeah this place was a bit more exciting then, than it is now.......but I like the way it is now. I wouldn't want to see it go backwards.

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:58 pm  Reply with quote

If the forum is missing the duty curmudgeon, we could hold auditions online by submitting our qualifications and a sample of our contrary rhetoric for consideration by the other members. If forced by circumstances, I could possibly revert to my Air Boss on the USS Coral Sea persona but be forewarned it may result in some rather strong language.

Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:28 pm  Reply with quote

GG's name is Cris Keller

If someone finds something out let me know.

Regards Nick
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:55 pm  Reply with quote

Riflemeister wrote:
If the forum is missing the duty curmudgeon, we could hold auditions online by submitting our qualifications and a sample of our contrary rhetoric for consideration by the other members. If forced by circumstances, I could possibly revert to my Air Boss on the USS Coral Sea persona but be forewarned it may result in some rather strong language.

I know a retired pit snipe Chief that could as well. He even took the USS Coral Sea around the world in 83.

Now retired Cdr. that was on board with me stripped my new custom order 16 ga. Iside for me last month. I refinished it in time to meet the Captain and Admiral (2 star upper half) in Canada 3 weeks ago. Left from there to the tip of the Mn. Arrowhead been hunting ruff grouse for 3 weeks with the exception of one day. Up at 0430 this morning to return to home port and just got home a few hours ago.

The Iside turned out well. I used Arts French Red and timberluxe

Time to go up and back the trailer and truck down the driveway and unload the grouse out of the cooler. And 3 weeks of dirty hunting clothes among other things.
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:39 pm  Reply with quote

Cold Iron wrote:
Riflemeister wrote:

I know a retired pit snipe Chief that could as well. He even took the USS Coral Sea around the world in 83.

Now retired Cdr. that was on board with me stripped my new custom order 16 ga. Iside for me last month. I refinished it in time to meet the Captain and Admiral (2 star upper half) in Canada 3 weeks ago. Left from there to the tip of the Mn. Arrowhead been hunting ruff grouse for 3 weeks with the exception of one day. Up at 0430 this morning to return to home port and just got home a few hours ago.

The Iside turned out well. I used Arts French Red and timberluxe

Time to go up and back the trailer and truck down the driveway and unload the grouse out of the cooler. And 3 weeks of dirty hunting clothes among other things.

It's a small world, I was the Air Boss on the Coral Sea for that round the world cruise. Give your friend my best regards,

kgb
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:15 pm  Reply with quote

That has got to be the cleanest coffee cup in the Navy.

gunsrus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:51 pm  Reply with quote

Christopher Kelleher
Randolph , Ma .
Has him living in Biloxi Ms , now .
We had a falling out many years ago .