16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  16 ga. AMMO
jswanson
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:47 am  Reply with quote

I just noticed that both Bass pro and Cabela's, have 16 ga shells available for order. Both Federal at $189 a flat and Herter's at $149 a flat. Not thrilled with the price but hey, they have them.

Joe

Hammer bill
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:32 am  Reply with quote

I seen last Sunday at what used to be BIG R was loaded with target federals at 8.99 box. And shelf was full of federal 16 ga for 19.99 box. At that price I can save money year round by reloading 16 ga.
Besides I bought a flat last of federals 16 ga at the gun club for 98.00. Didn't need them but another fellow ordered them . When they came in the guy did have the money. I was asked by the club owner if I would take them.
I was never a fan of federals. I always thought they were over rated on quality. But many shooters won't shoot anything else and do just fine.
Swampy16
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:18 am  Reply with quote

I’ve been using Federal 1oz 71/2 and 6’s for a while now and I’m very pleased with them. Purple hulls are all that much better. The6’s stone pheasants pretty good. The 7-1/2’s are for grouse and I get the same results, dead birds.