16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  shell recommendation for Parker 16ga GHE (1929 iirc)
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

I don't want to run RST down. They provide high quality shells at a price that's been reasonable for that you get. They're expensive but if you reserve them for hunting that cost isn't going to kill you. They will, however, make the birds stop.
They are trying hard to keep going, in the face of a continuing shortage of components. They use Cheddite hulls and get them from the factory, primed. But they're a small producer of shells/consumer of hulls and I can see Cheddite directing their production at their biggest customers, first. I have no idea which powder they use. But, I've been led to believe they have their own special formulas to produce the low pressure yet effective shells they are known for. That spells trouble in a time of shortage. Wads seem to be available, lead shot is available but pricy.
They're doing their best.

Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

I don't want to run RST down. They provide high quality shells at a price that's been reasonable for that you get. They're expensive but if you reserve them for hunting that cost isn't going to kill you. They will, however, make the birds stop.
They are trying hard to keep going, in the face of a continuing shortage of components. They use Cheddite hulls and get them from the factory, primed. But they're a small producer of shells/consumer of hulls and I can see Cheddite directing their production at their biggest customers, first. I have no idea which powder they use. But, I've been led to believe they have their own special formulas to produce the low pressure yet effective shells they are known for. That spells trouble in a time of shortage. Wads seem to be available, lead shot is available but pricy.
They're doing their best.