16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Membership
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:59 am  Reply with quote

Several months back I asked about my old sign on name (OLD 16 ) and my membership sign. I was asked on line years back to change my password. I tried to sign on after the change but it would not accept my new password or my old one. To get back on I had to.sign up as a guest as Hammer Bill. The moderate said he would get back with me but never did. Now the moderator has a lot on his plate but now I'm going to make this one of them. My membership was in June of 2006 and I have the shooting bag sill in use. Now I hope the moderator would contact me by pm so we can get on the same page. Thanks for your time. Hammer Bill ( OLD 16)
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:40 pm  Reply with quote

I have had this problem with the password change. It did not work for me either. Took a while to get back in but I made it. I'm not sure why there is only one guy doing all the work. If the guy is that busy that it takes weeks to get approved or request answered, he needs to get some help. I'm sure there are people that could fill the roll and get things done in a timely manner. Good luck
AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:12 pm  Reply with quote

Clearly someone who is unfamiliar with 16 gauge society history, Doug et al.
drcook
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:42 pm  Reply with quote

You all realize that this forum is on autopilot, except for the guy who is graciously trying to keep a dead horse walking.

If you do a "whois" domain name lookup, you can see that the name (16ga dot com) has been paid for until 2027-03-26 23:03:33 UTC, but that doesn't say who is hosting the website and for how long that is paid up to.

Nor does it say the name of the guy who is doing his best as a freebie.

That is why the forum is running on version 1.09 of phpbb and the current supported version is 3.3.11.

Eventually as the internet evolves, there is a very good chance that this site becomes obsolete and not functional,

so do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and understand that it is what it is

RGuill96971
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

[quote="AmericanMeet"]Clearly someone who is unfamiliar with 16 gauge society history, Doug et al.[/quote
I guess that was aimed at me? The history doesn’t mean much if it all disappears. No reason not to expand and that way it’s here for many years to come.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:59 am  Reply with quote

I'm not a computer geek by a longshot. Don't understand all the phbb's or the 3.1.11 's. But to the people that like to show they do
Why not step up and help the guy. I would be glad to.but I don't own a computer. Just a phone.and my fingers hit to many keys at once.
drcook
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:22 am  Reply with quote

Hammer bill wrote:
I'm not a computer geek by a longshot. Don't understand all the phbb's or the 3.1.11 's. But to the people that like to show they do
Why not step up and help the guy. I would be glad to.but I don't own a computer. Just a phone.and my fingers hit to many keys at once.

folks would have to be granted access priviliges above what is willing to be granted, otherwise this already would have been happened.

back when the owner passed away, s_long made some posts about the future of the site, that he was paying for it out of his pocket, that the family hadn't made a decision about what was to be done with 16ga.com

subsequently he (s_long) set up a donation page to offset the costs associated with it

you would address such concerns to him as someone "just can't step up" and help. in the world of computers such access has to be granted

s_long

here is his id page so you can send him a PM

http://www.16ga.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22223&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18763&highlight=doug

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20006&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=doug&start=0

RGuill96971
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:40 am  Reply with quote

Help was offered.