16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Guns for sale
dannypratt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:04 am  Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I have to say I am really dissapointed with the listings here lately. I know I haven't posted in along time but I don't have internet access at my new home. I posted some guns here some 6 months ago that were not 16 ga. and promptly recieved a stern reply that my listing was being pulled because they weren't 16's. At the time I was having financial problems and did not want to have to sell my guns, however, I opted to list them here for sale to the members first, and the reply I got was to shape up and only list 16's. So my reply to this site now (thanks to your administrator) is to no longer support you folks or visit this site. I don't like when someone imposes a rule (which at the time I could understand) on me and then lets it slide for others.
Good luck hunting and shooting, enjoy your 16's.
-dannypratt
fin2feather
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:48 am  Reply with quote

Danny,

I can't comment on the rules or lack of same, but I hope you'll hang around and even weigh in when you can. Sorry you had a problem; hope the "financial thing" was short-lived. I've been there and it's no fun...

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
M D Christian
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:56 am  Reply with quote

Unless there's facts we dont know.It does seem to be a little biased on someones part. This should be taken care of, in order to maintain a healthy forum.. MDC
fastarget
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:50 pm  Reply with quote

hummm, there is someone with a misc. of guns for sale currently and no problems, so, what are we missing here..... Question
Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:52 am  Reply with quote

I just read the guidelines for this section of the forum and it appears to point to the "16 ga. only" listings. Don't know why because most(prolly all) of us own and shoot 12, 20, 28, .410 and buy, sell and trade shotguns as part of our lives. As a member it should be ok to list a gun of other gauge as long as you list 1 and not 20 per the guidelines, IMO. So the question is, is it / is it not OK to list other gauges ?? Mr. Moderator what is the answer Question
britgun
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:45 am  Reply with quote

[quote="dannypratt"]Hi guys,

I have to say I am really dissapointed with the listings here lately. I know I haven't posted in along time but I don't have internet access at my new home. I posted some guns here some 6 months ago that were not 16 ga. and promptly recieved a stern reply that my listing was being pulled because they weren't 16's. At the time I was having financial problems and did not want to have to sell my guns, however, I opted to list them here for sale to the members first, and the reply I got was to shape up and only list 16's. So my reply to this site now (thanks to your administrator) is to no longer support you folks or visit this site. I don't like when someone imposes a rule (which at the time I could understand) on me and then lets it slide for others.

Bummer Danny

Sorry it didn't work out for you here, and I do hope you were able to get out from under your guns and things have improved for you, good luck, regret hearing you are pulling out.

kind regds,

Duncan

grousewoods
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:32 am  Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the rules also there are gun right now listed that are not 16's and have been for some time. There are posts that are listed about guns on another site not buy the members in the guns for sale posting maybe a different listing should be put up and a member only guns for sale listing? I do think it needs to be cleaned up! Don't get me wrong I'm sure I'm like another shooters and like the other ga's and like to see them for sale for I have bought other ga's from members and have been very happy. It should be fair to everybody sorry you had the trouble please don't give up!
woodcock
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:14 pm  Reply with quote

Danny--Don't give up on the whole show because of one aggravation. The rest of us are here and we are the one's you were communicating with--not the moderator(s).. Besides maybe they'll sort it out.
Don't want to lose a 16er Sad
Ron
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:27 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry to see you go, Danny.

I totally agree with you. This is a 16ga forum and the rules say to keep it that way. And they should apply to everyone equally. But there are NO moderators overseeing what's going on so some guys take it on themselves to turn this place into shotgunworld.com where everything goes. It's a darn shame. If it's not about or closely related to the 16ga then it should be taken elsewhere.

That's my 2 cents.

dannypratt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:29 am  Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Wow, didn't think i'd get any positive response (or any at all, I was really PO'd!) My troubles passed some months back thankfully, but thank you for the support as it is still very much appreciated.
I figured most all of you folks here were solid people, and I have no complaints with the people listing thier guns no (matter what the gauge) I was really more upset with the moderator/manager people around here, and had absolutely no wish to support them. I agree with everybody that responded and I would like to see only 16's discussed and sold here, after all that's the point right? I do think though that a member (being someone who is a contributer to multiple post and topics) should be able to list his "other" gauges for the other members to have a chance at them. I looked in the guidelines again too and could not find a gauge specific rule, however I don't want to see a shotgunworld.com transformation on this site either. It's a tough line, I feel like we should stay 16 true first and foremost, after all what's the point, right.
I hope you all won't be offended if I log back in once in a while.
-danny
fastarget
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:38 am  Reply with quote

Danny,
This is a forum for discussion and sharing of info and ideas.
There are always glitches here and there, all can be worked out so we can go about enjoying our interests and hobbies.......so come back and enjoy it with the rest of us...
fred lauer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:36 am  Reply with quote

Danny, glad you didn't jump ship. We're all in this together, keep your stick on the ice---Red Green Smile

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 am  Reply with quote

Danny, glad to see you are still with us. I can't remember the last time quiting ever afforded me anything positive unless I was already foolish for getting involved in the first place.

None of us are perfect. None of us are 100% right. Everyone screws up and has a bad day or a senior moment. Some slack and a bit of good will greases the skids and we all get by.

We have had a few folks run off and bad mouth the site or someone on it because they disagreed with someone or something, could not get their own way, or could not force somebody to kiss their behind. Well--too bad. Everyone makes me happy, some by coming and some by going. You are among the former.
M D Christian
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:45 pm  Reply with quote

Danny: First off, don't leave, you got a raw deal, they took your guns off and now we have others selling other gauges, I guess we have a few that don't like to follow rules.(meaning the ones that are posted now).. From the Announcement at the top of the classifieds., Quote: " to assist in the buying, trading and selling of 16 Ga. guns" and again in item #5 Quote: Additional posts should only seek further information about the 16 ga. gun in question... MDC