16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  new scrapbook creations
XVI'er
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:29 am  Reply with quote

I share the grief for the loss of your beloved companion. In the past year, I've had to have two of my companions euthanized for medical reasons. It never gets easier.

" You are gone but not forgotten, my friend and comrade....."
robp
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:18 am  Reply with quote

I just read your post 4/23 wow what a kick in the gut - sincerest condolences
rob p
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:11 am  Reply with quote

Terry, its tough to lose a dog you've hunted with for over a decade, but to lose one in her prime is perhaps far worse. You might remember me mentioning my old Hiedi dog. We two had the same closeness you had with dolly. I still miss Hiedi and, after a year, have come to realize I always will. However, she was 14 and had a good long life. That is some compensation. In your case, I can't think of a thing to ease your hurt. All I can do is offer my sincere condolances. I just hope it is not something that will also harm your others. Keep us posted please.
Grousen
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:09 am  Reply with quote

Terry,

I am also so sorry for your loss. But please remember, that for all the love and devotion you came to depend on from her, there is another little Brittany out there somewhere that is depending on you to provide the same love and devotion for her.

What goes around, comes around my friend. We are fortunate to receive love and encouragement from those in the position to provide it. Then we return the favor by doing the same for others. The "interest" so to speak compounds, and we reap the rewards. Please don't break the chain.

My almost 7 year old Brit seams to be a twin to yours, and she will be receiving a few extra hugs tonight. But after whatever it was she rolled in last week that took three applications of doggy shampoo to make her huggable again, I hope I don't forget to pick some more of that shampoo up soon. She seems to be on a real "roll" as of late. I've never had another dog, that I have loved quite so much, nor one that has brought such joy , enthusiasm, and life into my otherwise somewhat boring existance.

I feel your pain. Maybe she just made room for another little Brittany that needs you so much.

May God bless.
3DocPop
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:34 am  Reply with quote

Terry,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Something like this brings back memories for most of us. We never forget the pain of losing that really special companion. Patches (Springer) was also lost in the prime of life, but no mystery as to why - just a desire to have a little talk with the garbage truck driver that AIMED for her.

I had the privilege of hunting behind Dolly last fall, and she was indeed a special lady. Obviously, she will never be replaced, but I hope you are able to find another, when the time is right, that creates their own special place in your heart.

Stan