16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Society Gun Slip
Hal M. Hare
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:53 am  Reply with quote

I don't have a trailer so don't have a need for a hitch cover, but what about a nice gun slip/case with the Society logo? Certainly something with broad appeal.

Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:57 am  Reply with quote

Thats a great idea. The case will need a tag on it saying "Made in the USA" for me to buy one Wink
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:20 am  Reply with quote

How about made in usa ... a small island near Sri Lanka ? Or maybe, it's near the Phillipines ?

Sorry, it's just one of my pet peeves.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:04 am  Reply with quote

We'll I suppose we could have labels sewed in after the cases get here. We might be able to afford the labels to be made in the usa, so it wouldn't exactly be a lie, would it?

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:06 am  Reply with quote

I just bought a Boyt take-down case from Lion Country. I'll check to see if it is made in the U.S. If so, it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to have them do a special run.

Or, easier yet, just have a 16ga. Society leather or cloth medallion made that can be sewn to any existing case (assuming one can find someone handy enough to do the job)?

How about a patch to put on a vest?
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:03 am  Reply with quote

How about a run of 16ga. Citoris with the logo engraved on the receiver?

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

fin2feather
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:53 am  Reply with quote

Am I missing something here, or are you guys? Have you looked at the gear section? Leather gun slips with 16ga. logo available there. Where they're made I can't tell you.

As for the "made in USA" thing, I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm genuinely curious: why is it OK to shoot a gun made in England, Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Russia, Turkey, Japan, et al, but not OK to buy a gun case, etc., unless its US made?

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
MGF
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:31 am  Reply with quote

fin2feather wrote:
Am I missing something here, or are you guys? Have you looked at the gear section? Leather gun slips with 16ga. logo available there. Where they're made I can't tell you.

As for the "made in USA" thing, I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm genuinely curious: why is it OK to shoot a gun made in England, Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Russia, Turkey, Japan, et al, but not OK to buy a gun case, etc., unless its US made?

Fin

Interesting points both, IMO.

That said, I really don't need anything as lovely as the leather slips in our "Gear" section.
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:09 am  Reply with quote

Fin, cause we beat all those countries. Haven't woomped on china or Srilanka, yet, and if our perfomance(politicaians, so don't get in a Huff Gary Laughing Laughing) in the Middle east is any indicator , we're screwed.

Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm  Reply with quote

fin2feather wrote:

Fin

I was wondering the same thing about the gun slip. About the first thing, not the second thing. As for the second thing, we shouldn't discuss the second thing u8ntil we come to a conclusion about the first thing. Don't you thing????

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:01 pm  Reply with quote

fin2feather wrote:

Fin

See, there you go again, making sense and everything. I for one, would like to be left blissfully alone in hypocritical nirvana Embarassed

Does it count if I put USA! USA! stickers on my wife's VW bug? No? Didn't think so. Laughing
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:58 pm  Reply with quote

UDF, it may very well count. We'll have to get a ruling from TJC, who's hunt vehicle is a vertable bug. He had a tow hitch put on it and uses a 2 bay carrier for the pits. Seems to work well enough , in the wilds of Jerzy(of course the only time he get to hunt birds is with a permisson slip from the lady of the house, when she's not at a dog show showing the pits)