16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Stevens 311A FS
16'er
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:56 pm  Reply with quote

I've got a stevens 311A in 16ga 28" barrels M/F. Gun is in very good condition. Previous owner refinished the stock, looks like poly to me. LOP to front trigger is 14" and 2.5" DAH. POI seems fine. Bores are excellent, and lots of CC still showing. Action locks up tight gun fuctions as it should. I think this one dates to '63 or '64. Ill try to get some pics posted in a day or two. I've owned the gun for five years, and just get it out once in while for informal clays to make sure she gets cleaned an oiled. $420 shipped to your FFL. Local pick-up in Spruce Pine, NC can be arranged.
16'er
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:03 pm  Reply with quote

here;s a pic untill I can get to my other computer, can't see too much...

http://picasaweb.google.com/sixteener/0009/photo#5020671057899314786
16'er
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:22 am  Reply with quote

Here's a couple of pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sixteener/UntitledAlbum

There is some slight wear to the blue on the sides of the barrel back where it meets the reciever, but no pitting or rust. Just wanted to be up front, gun is in very good condition. Also the refinish on the stock and forearm are nicely done, no bubles or runs.

(I've got the Winchester 1300 listed on shotgunworld http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=115073&highlight= )
16'er
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:29 am  Reply with quote

The stevens weighs in right at 7lbs on my postal scale... and is balanced about 2" forward of the hinge pin.
MGF
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:32 am  Reply with quote

Still got her?
16'er
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:15 am  Reply with quote

Gun is still availible. I looked at the pics I posted, and they really are not very good. The wood is not blond like it looks in the pics, and the flash bleached out a lot of the case color. I'll try to get some more pics up. Might be day or two, left my camera at the office...

BTW the Franchi in the picture is also for sale. AL48 20ga, 22" IC ribbed barrel. Nice and light, hunted condition, but great grouse/quail gun. Pm me if interested...
dawei
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:44 pm  Reply with quote

16'er wrote:
Gun is still availible. I looked at the pics I posted, and they really are not very good. The wood is not blond like it looks in the pics, and the flash bleached out a lot of the case color. I'll try to get some more pics up. Might be day or two, left my camera at the office...

BTW the Franchi in the picture is also for sale. AL48 20ga, 22" IC ribbed barrel. Nice and light, hunted condition, but great grouse/quail gun. Pm me if interested...
I'm VERY INTERESTED in the StevensŪ 16ga SXS; please e-mail photos to: pcspatrol@comcast.net

Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given
16'er
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:02 am  Reply with quote

updated pics on the Picassa Link. The last pic shows some blue wear on the left side of the barrels. It shows MUCH worse in the pic than in person. you can also see some blue wear on the right side up by the reciever in one of the pics. I couldn't get my flash on my digital camera not to go except in full sunlight, which unfortunatly makes the blue wear look horrible...

http://picasaweb.google.com/sixteener/UntitledAlbum

(I have a new appreciation for some of the gunbroker dealers and their digital photography skills now...)
16'er
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:36 am  Reply with quote

I'm leaving for vacation today. I'll probably not be able to return PM's until October 1st.

Just wanted to say again that the wear on the left side of the barrel is just thinning of the blue. It almost looks like it is rusted in the pic, but does not look that way in person. There is thining of the blue in that area, and I included the pic to show the gun is not pristine, but it is in very good condition. There are a couple of small knicks in the blue on top of the barrels toward the muzzel. No dents in the barrel. Action is very tight, chambers and bores excellent.