16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  B. Rizzini 16ga O/U
LittleDoc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:25 pm  Reply with quote

Anybody have or had one of these. I'm interested in your experience and opinion if so. How much do they weigh and what do they go for?

LittleDoc
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:57 pm  Reply with quote

LD, I think around $2,000 for the cheapest one, new. The I. Rizzini (FAIR) guns that Cabela's is currently selling are less expensive and are made on true 16ga frames, which the B. Rizzinis are not presently, although I understand they're coming out with a true 16. I believe it's the Aurum model which is fairly light, even on a 12ga frame, because it has an alloy receiver. I'd look at both a B. Rizzini and a FAIR.
Dove Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:46 pm  Reply with quote

I have a FAIR model 900. With 29 inch barrels it weighs about 6 lbs 5 oz. It handles very well and is a good looking piece. It appears to be very well made and new is EXTREMELY tight, about like a new Merkel. As Larry noted, it does appear to be built on a true 16 ga. frame. I would also recommend you look at one as the prices appear to be better than on a B. Rizzini. I was told that most on the market at low prices came from New England Arms when their inventory was liquidated.
LittleDoc
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:08 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you boys, Larry, saw an ad on p. 39 Nov-Dec 2005 "Shooting Sportsman" for "new true 16ga" frames for the Aurum, Omnium, and Artemis models. The one I'm interested in the the Aurum Round Body. Do either of you know if the FAIR guns are available as a round body. Appreciate the help from both of you.

LD
Dove Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:09 pm  Reply with quote

I have looked at FAIR's website and I do not think they offer a Round-body. I believe that these are exclusive to B Rizzini and were designed by Tanfoglia who they picked up when they bought Ferlib. These are nice guns and per B Rizzini will be available in 16 next year. They are somewhat pricey but it's only money ( about 6k worth).
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:11 am  Reply with quote

DH has it right. There is no round body FAIR, and the RB B. Rizzinis are VERY pricey. But if you want to spend that kind of money . . .