16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  I could'nt resist
sothere
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:14 pm  Reply with quote

Finally had some inclimate weather here in NW Iowa.Light rain with a few flakes of snow,so the puppy"Who's a BIG DOG now('Laughing')"
went out for awhile.
I carried my old foul weather gun,a Browning Superpose 12 Shocked with Briley screw-ins.It's a shame that I'm relegated to such criminal circumstances but it brought back some great blizzard memories of chasing roosters with Morgan.
I've got a great new pup that has more natural ability than I could ever hope for and he sure is cute when he points alot of them are false but I encourage him to hold them any way.I find it especially cool when he locks on the far side of a woven wire fence.I can't wait to get him out in his first snow storm when the birds are really holding tight.I may hunt with a dip net in one hand and the Sidewinder in the other.Final count for the day was 2 easy to find dead roosters and a tired,wet,very happy 5 month old Yellow Lab puppy.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:47 pm  Reply with quote

Good experience for the dog--I can remember when there were fences here in Illinois for the birds to hide in years ago Embarassed They are like Rosie O'donells looks---never to be be seen again Shocked Good luck to you and your pup--er dog Wink