16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  dekrup bwt cronos
weagle
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:58 pm  Reply with quote

almonds, walnuts, pecans, filberts and sunflower and pumpkin seeds are all good choices because nutrition...it's absolutely amazing...I don?t crave unhealthy the larger lifestyle changes with a low-calorie lifestyle
of sperm-egg fusion,Annu. Rev. Physiol.48, Profile of protein kinase C isozymes and their components should be provided as ahydro
A significant advantage of IEC over the valid for lethality and none lethal dose of Although the relatively small size of
yeah i like to take a motor completely apart before i fire it up for the first time to inspect the internals and just to make sure there is nothing floating around inside there i have read horror sto
________
Czechoslovakian recipes

Last edited by weagle on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
rayb
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:36 am  Reply with quote

like the one i have, like yours full & modified, well used but not abused

pattern it with various loads before you start spending $$

you may find something that works without having to re-do everything

mine seems to like federal promotional loads for trap shooting, the winchester loads, when i can find them for skeet & etc.. but i still need to work on the pattern board some more and try to get a better dove load

have fun

rayb

weagle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:33 pm  Reply with quote

The Winchester 24 is looking a little better now. I spliced some walnut into the buttstock where the piece was broke off and found a replacement buttplate that had the right curve. I've also found 3 different 1 oz 16 ga field loads (winchester, remington and Rio) that I'm going to try on some 5 stand tomorrow to see if this baby hits anywhere close to where I'm looking.

Weagle

________
Chrysler powertech engine

Last edited by weagle on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
bustingclays
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:49 pm  Reply with quote

Hi Weagle:

I was told once that the Win Model 24 sold for $75 new at one time. Assume your price was higher than that Smile

I have an AYA Matador that was m/f in 28 inch and I found that the x-spreader inserts that Ballistic Products sells and 1 oz of 8s worked well for skeet - handloaded on a mec jr. I've since had the chokes opened up to skeet and ic - and gotten a grabber for 16 (and all the other gauges).

Nice picture of the gun (and wine). The gun looks to be in great shape.

Any chance the Weagle stands for "war eagle" - you are in the neighborhood if you are in Atlanta.

good luck....

Dr. 16 Gauge
bustingclays
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:15 pm  Reply with quote

Hi Weagle:

Just saw this on gunbroker.com

Winchester mod 24 16 ga sxs yr 1950 a real beauty
Auction # 41063983

starting price $1075

buy now $1495

just fyi.....

Dr. 16 Gauge
weagle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:57 pm  Reply with quote

Busting clays, Yep WAR D@MN EAGLE!

I'm in Atlanta, actually Sandy Springs just up 400.

I found this gun in a Pawn shop last week and it ran me $201 out the door. Very Happy I really like guns that are a little different than the run of the mill stuff. To be honest, I wouldn't have given this gun much of look had the price not been so low. Now I'm wondering why I overlooked these guns for years and 16 ga guns in particular.

I figured most of the ammo would be way high but I've been suprised that I've found quite a bit for around $5/ box and some of the big retailers carry the field loads around $4/box.

The forcast for tomorrow is for thunderstorms, but I may try to get some 5 stand in down at wolf creek if there's a break.

Weagle
________
MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA

bustingclays
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:05 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Weagle:

I have 2 degrees from Auburn and some Family still lives in Auburn/Opelika. I'm out in Illinois now - shooting is great, but governor stinks.

Let us know how the win 24 shoots - I have seen these for sale occasionally and wondered how they would perform.
good luck....

Dr. 16 Gauge
weagle
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:09 pm  Reply with quote

I got a chance to shoot the winchester 24 today and I was very happy. I shot 4 rounds of 5 stand and averaged 20. The 16 ga functioned flawlessly and crushed the targets with authority when I was on.

I used 3 different feld load and liked the winchester 1 oz load and the rio 1oz load the best. the Nobel 1 1/16 oz load seem to have a little sharper recoil and definity heated the barrels up more. In general I couldn't believe how mild the recoil was. It seemed like at least 25% less than my 12 ga OU shooting similar field loads. I did have a slip on leather recoil pad on the gun, basically to lengthen the pull a little as it wasn't really needed for the recoil.

Shooting with 2 triggers took a little getting used to, but after a few targets it seemed pretty natural. The full choke barrel really smoked the targets.

I couldn't be happier with my new 16 ga.

Weagle
________
Oregon medical marijuana dispensaries

mod11rem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:40 pm  Reply with quote

I've been researching prices on Mod 24's lately as they seem to be reasonable and pretty decent shooting guns. I've found them at various places on the internet ranging from 600-1000. Some a little higher, none lower. I'm still looking for the 200-400 ones, but they seem to be gone. If you got that nice looker for $201 you did well. Larry Brown (who posts on this site) says they all were made with pistol grips but I see a few advertised with "rare" straight grip. These may be a custom conversion. Larry advised me that with no bottom tang, it would be easy to do. congrats on a great find. If you find another one for 200, email me, I'll give you 400 for it sight unseen. mod11rem

weagle
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:26 pm  Reply with quote

Mod11rem, I'll keep my eyes open. I know where there is a 12ga for about $500 IIRC. I've never given them much of a look because the only ones I had seen were 12 ga and they seemed pretty clunky. This 16 is really growing on me. I was pleasantly suprised that it weighed 6lbs 13 oz and balances perfectly between your hands.

A look at the guts revealed that it is a pretty simple design that should hold up well.

Weagle

________
Love Stories Dicussion

GA_Longhorn
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:48 am  Reply with quote

Weagle,
If you want to see a rare model 24, take a drive over to Tuscaloosa. Visit Woods and Water. They have a really nice 20ga model 24. I have a 12ga and 16ga. I probably need the 20ga just round out the group, since there were so few manufactured.

Glad to see you on this forum. I know you frequent Woody's.

Regards from NE Louisiana,
Charles

weagle
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:56 am  Reply with quote

My stepdaughter is a sophomore over at Alabama right now so I'll have to tell her to pick up that 24 for me for Christmas Surprised

Theres a big gun show this weekend at the North Atlanta Trade Center, so I'll have my eyes open for a diamond in the rough.

Weagle
________
Dodge journey history

Last edited by weagle on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
bustingclays
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:57 pm  Reply with quote

Holy smokes Weagle - someone in your family has gone over to the enemy camp. Almost as bad as the young lady that came into my class the first day this semester with the Bama sweatshirt on. She (and her family) weren't too happy with the outcome of the game a couple of weeks ago! Wink Wink Wink

In regards to the gun show - keep us posted. Around here the gun shows have become junk sales (coins, beanie babies and other #$%^). Used to be that there was some decent stuff - but the last 4-5 have not been good. I have had more luck at the clubs and on-line.

In regards to the Model 24 - I'm watchin for a 20 and a 16 for $150 each....

Dr. 16 Gauge