16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  new members
mod11rem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:41 pm  Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy I notice we're up to 424 registered users. Climbing everyday. I've been here about a month. I believe I was about 376. There's more interest in 16's than most gun writers know. If we don't toot our own horn, nobody else will. I enjoy the fact that I can still buy 16's cheaper than comparable 12's or 20's, but I'd like to see more new guns, ammo, etc offered. The only way that will happen is if there's folks to buy them. Spread the word. later mod11rem

hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:23 pm  Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more-the problem lies with the media-imagine that Evil or Very Mad Even the pro gun types tell everyone the 16 is dead/dying/done.I am always talking up the mighty 16 where anyone will listen Exclamation A new shooter/possibly reloader can become quickly disillusioned before they have the REAL facts.We have to make the advantages of this gauge known-Share your knowledge,experience and reloading tidbits with all Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:47 am  Reply with quote

I was thinking along these same lines tonight as I surfed through the other shotgun sites I visit. I think we all probably visit several shotgun websites. A few like the Shooting Sportsman, Upland Journal, and Gunshop are already well infested with 16 gauge lovers and those sites really need no "priming."

But,,,, what if we were to make a point of starting 16 gauge threads, discussions, topics, whatever, at the other shotguns sites that are more dominated by the 12/20 gauge establishment, and make SURE we support each other's threads (our little "covert agenda")? It really comes down to mass exposure and a consistent message that the 16 gauge is an ideal platform for the serious wingshooter and target shooter alike, especially now as more and more people are shooting 7/8 - 1 oz for the clay games.

Oh well, just some late night thoughts....
Hal M. Hare
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:49 am  Reply with quote

Perhaps we should include a link to this site when posting on the other boards.

Birdman
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:20 am  Reply with quote

Well I just joined the ranks here, got my bag in the mail last week.

SS