16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Scored a nice coat
MGF
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:16 am  Reply with quote

Ordered this one the other day from Sierra Trading Post and it's arrived. It seems like a really nice coat for the money, especially if the Koktor fabric livess up to its billing. Doesn't look like a raincoat at all, and there's no wax or oil finish. I'll probably use it more for clays and around town than hunting, because I like a shorter jacket for hunting (when I wear a jacket at at all). Was worried if the French ran their sizes small ... nope. I could easily zip one of my fleece vests into this one and have plenty of room left to swing the gun. One odd feature: It zips like a woman's coat. That is, zipper is on the left, zipper tab is on the right. Odd, but I'll get used to it.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,43739_Le-Chameau-Futaie-Jacket-Waterproof-For-Men.html
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:15 am  Reply with quote

I would not have expected the zipper to be any where else...You did say the coat was French. Mr. Green
Best,
Ron
ron
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:54 pm  Reply with quote

Ron Overberg wrote:
I would not have expected the zipper to be any where else...You did say the coat was French. Mr. Green
Best,
Ron

Ron: LE CHAMEAU is a French company, they also make a very good but expensive rubber boot. LE CHAMEAU means (The Camel) in French.

RON
nialmac
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

Ron, all Euro coats, including the Brit ones, close on the other side from American ones. I find it a real PITA.
nialmac
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:10 pm  Reply with quote

It seems when our forefathers came forth on this nation they wanted to change everything. I wasn't poking fun at the coat just the French. The coat looks great. The cost of the rubber boots to go with the jacket will set you back some $400.00 (aprox.). I like to dress well in the field or the range. I can look good even when I miss.
Best,
Ron
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:01 pm  Reply with quote

Le Chameau of France sells the coat but it's made in Romania.

robp
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:45 pm  Reply with quote

I 'd buy one if it was made by the romania girls from the previous web site I was surfing. That country must need all the financial support it can get, all the girls are so poor they can afford any clothing Very Happy
Dr. David Dabaco
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:41 pm  Reply with quote

ropb --too funny! I was in Spain last summer and let me tell you the Romanian girls are something else!!!! It must be a cultural thing, or perhaps they are all spend thrifts, but all the Romanian girls in Spain only could afford the bottom half of their bikinis on the beach and when we went to the clubs the poor girls couldn't afford much more than shoes!

Of course I felt so sorry for them I had to help them out with an economic donation....! Wink