16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16GA to .410 Adapter
Gamekeeper
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for all your comments, I only require a single adapter as I prefer to have one barrel loaded for bear (only kiddin') I just sometimes need to use a .410 when shooting squirrels near to built up areas. My job involves a certain amount of pest control.
So I don't need a complete conversion just something for the occasional shot or two. I will check out getting one shipped to our Nanny State they call the UK.

The reason I need to limit the number of guns I own is that the Police insist on expensive burglar alarms etc if you have too many! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Gamekeeper on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:14 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, I think you can buy a single tube instead of a pair. However, I don't know if a private US citizen can legally mail you one. If we can, then perhaps one of us can help you cut through all the bureaucratic happy horse manure by sending it direct. I've always found that as with most things, if it's legal or at least, not illegal, it only becomes a problem when the damned fools are made aware of it. What they do not know can't hurt you. Just don't show them where the holes in their plans are.

It's the same over here in certain states. We have our own set of self-important, paper shuffling, professional busybodies as well. I find the best way to deal with them is to treat them like they are mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and feed them bullsh*t. Wink Our own Mark Twain said it best; "The only time a man's life, liberty, and happiness is in jeapardy is when congress is in session." Nothing has changed since then. And so it goes.
Gamekeeper
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

I would like to think that someone in the US could just post one to the UK but I would hate for anyone to get into trouble with the FBI, plus I would not like something I've paid for to be confiscated by the customs this end!

If I can't find one here I will wait till I can afford another trip to the USA and take one back home with me disguised as a cigar holder! Wink

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:52 pm  Reply with quote

You could also stuff it full of silica gel, and pass it off as a rust buster. Or, shove an aluminum cleaning rod in it and claim its a cleaning kit designed to fit in your shotgun barrel. I doubt like hell any of the customs folks would know the difference. Even better, disguise it as a cane with an old umbrella handle and a rubber bumper and walk it right through with just the slightest hint of a limp. They won't even notice. Cool

Maybe some of my Irish ancesters were smugglers???!!! Maybe!!