16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Thank you for your help...
16ga.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:40 pm  Reply with quote
Site Admin
Site Admin

11sep06

I've had many, many comments about the civility of our GunTalk forum. Everyone seems to appreciate the exchange of information-- presented rationally, reasonably and sometimes with a bit of humor.

No one seems to be looking for a fight but sometimes differences in opinion crossover into personal comments. My advice is stop and think before you type something stupid... so you won't find yourself on the outside looking in.

I'm proud of this forum and it's wealth of content and I want it to be friendly.

Thank you for your help. --for The 16ga. Society, --Doug

Semper Limitae
hoashooter
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:28 pm  Reply with quote

We all have a common interest-the 16 gauge.A common goal-getting the most from it whether thru handloads or factory shells.A common interest-experiences while hunting/shooting/practicing with the 16 gauge.And the passion to introduce new shooters to this experience regardless of the age,economic,social or geographic difference.New shooters often become new reloaders which will,in turn begin the cycle once again.Our concern is not the dollar amount of the shotgun being used but the quality of the folks using it.Walk up to any member of this group and the first question is not how much did it cost but how does it shoot and with what load???Next we start telling stories about past hunts,letting your son/daughter shoot it for the first time,how your last dog,you and that shotgun spent the final hunt together.We are a common group with a common interest and common experiences having common experiences but a finer group of folks I can't think of--I am proud to be a member of this group.
Gamekeeper
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

I agree with hoashooter 100% I would not like to be a member of a forum that could not show good manners. 16GA is one of the most civil forums I know. Very Happy

ermadear55
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:39 pm  Reply with quote

This site is great and has recharged my shooting and hunting interest like no other. It came to me at a great time as my son is really getting into the hobby too right now. He loves his BPS and I really don't think he would have ever shot my 16s much less bought his own without what we have learned here. Our future is bright Very Happy . Thanks and keep up the good work.
Gary
britgun
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:02 am  Reply with quote

Doug,

...tried again to PM jig and then you, and the PM's simply languish in my Outbox and never get sent. Hope you get this message.

Per the site and the topic of this thread, well done. A very amicable bunch of guys! Thank you.

I have learned SO MUCH here, particularly about vintage American shotguns (have a 1910 Ithica 3E on it's way), great ammo sources, and a huge amount concerning reloading, particularly with vintage (old Alcan fiber wad) components, which perform great and reduce pressures substantially. Thanks guys!!

britgun (Duncan)

Dave Miles
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:22 am  Reply with quote

britgun wrote:
Doug,

...tried again to PM jig and then you, and the PM's simply languish in my Outbox and never get sent. Hope you get this message.

britgun (Duncan)

Duncan, When you send someone a P.M. It stays in your outbox until they view it, I believe. Ounce they've looked at it, it shows up in your sent box. Someone please correct me, if this is wrong.

britgun
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:48 am  Reply with quote

Hey Dave, thank you. Didn't understand that. jig must not be opening them. By the way, how did those fiber wad loads work for you? Did you use the Longshot?

Thanks,

Duncan

onefunzr2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:30 am  Reply with quote

[quote="Dave M."]
britgun wrote:
Doug,
Duncan, When you send someone a P.M. It stays in your outbox until they view it, I believe. Ounce they've looked at it, it shows up in your sent box. Someone please correct me, if this is wrong.

It doesn't work that way in my mail program, Outlook Express. For short PM's, the process is so fast you can't tell. But I can notice the progression when sending mega-bites of photos...the outbox stays highlighted UNTIL everything is actually sent to the other person's mailbox, THEN the sent gets highlighted. Nothing to do with if or when the recipient opens the mail. Other mail programs may work differently.

britgun
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:36 am  Reply with quote

[quote="onefunzr2"]
Dave M. wrote:
britgun wrote:
Doug,

It doesn't work that way in my mail program, Outlook Express. For short PM's, the process is so fast you can't tell. But I can notice the progression when sending mega-bites of photos...the outbox stays highlighted UNTIL everything is actually sent to the other person's mailbox, THEN the sent gets highlighted. Nothing to do with if or when the recipient opens the mail. Other mail programs may work differently.

So what's up with then those PM's just staying stuck in my outbox? They are very short, without any attachments. Could it be that jig changed his email address or something?? Thanks, I appreciate any insight into this, as I am tragically cyber-challenged....

brit

steve voss
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:17 am  Reply with quote

Brit,

You're not listening. You are sending Private Messages, not Emails. PMs work differently and email addresses have nothing to do with them.

sv
spr310
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:26 am  Reply with quote

steve voss wrote:
Brit,

You're not listening. You are sending Private Messages, not Emails. PMs work differently and email addresses have nothing to do with them.

sv

Steve. It still depends on your email address. You get the notice you have a PM in your email mailbox. If you change your address or have it blocked you will not get a notice you have a PM.
steve voss
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:40 am  Reply with quote

PM notification is posted at the top of every page.

sv
britgun
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 am  Reply with quote

steve voss wrote:
Brit,

sv

like I said, I ain't the brightest bulb on the circuit, but in ref to emails, I was suggesting that jig's email where he receives the PM notifications... maybe he has changed emails and doesn't check it no more or somethin', you git me now??

steve voss
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:13 am  Reply with quote

Ok. Maybe he doesn't come here anymore either.
britgun
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:14 am  Reply with quote

steve voss wrote:
PM notification is posted at the top of every page.

sv

Thanks Steve, but if he isn't checking this site anymore to see the notification, and also perhaps has changed his email (blocked it, no longer checks it, or whatever.... ) where he is notified of PM's, then he isn't aware of them, catch our drift??