16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Terra Haute,In gunshow
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:55 pm  Reply with quote

Jumped across the river to hit this show--Had plans of aquiring a new 16 no particular one just a new/used one--I found three,a single bbl. and two pumps all three were overpriced and overabused.No components for the 16 either Evil or Very Mad Mabey some of those from this area--Wolfchief--can remember when they had the big show at The Hulman Center--ahhh those were the days Cool
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:05 pm  Reply with quote

I do remember, HOA---but this last weekend I was at a great show in YOUR state---a friend of mine, the County Sheriff in Porter County, IN (Valparaiso) invited me to attend the St. Charles, Ill. CADA show and we went yesterday--what a gun show ! It is held in the DuPage Convention Center building and it does really feature very collectible guns---no .50 BMG dummy rounds, no syringes/medical supplies, no camo, AR-15's or machine pistols--but a LOT of great stuff like:

1. A sweet 20 ga, Beretta EELL 2. A 20 ga Pigeon grade Model 12 Imp Cyl with wonderfully high grained wood and solid rib 3. Several nice Browning Superposeds and Belgian Sweet 16 A-5's 4. A number of high grade Winchester 1892's, 1873's and 1876's.
5. A good number of Winchester Model 42's in field and skeet configuration.
6. Several tables featuring nice N-frame Smith & Wesson's like the .38/44 Heavy Duty and the .44 Hand Ejectors and 7. A table or two of Colt revolvers and pistols, including a very nice Colt .38 Officer's Model Match that I bought which is at least 98%....I plan to go to the next one in 6 months or so...