16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  4th Annual Greenville PA Vintage Skeet Shoot June 8th
RWG
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:23 pm  Reply with quote

Its that time of year again. Mercer County Sportsmen Club is having their 4th annual Vintage Skeet Shoot June 8th at 10:00 am. Low gun, delayed pull, SxSs and Pumps only. Handicaps for small bores. Best pump shooter verses best sxs shooter in the finals. Plenty of fun for all. Bring the family. Details at http://www.greenvillesportsmen.com See you there. Russ
grouse gunner
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:28 am  Reply with quote

I highly reccomend this event. I've attended all three years. It's one of the nicest shoots around at one of the best clubs around. The club is located a very short distance from the Ohio line east of Ohio route 7, south of Kinsman, Ohio. The club is top notch. Great targets and facilities and above all great people. This is one friendly and congenial place and is everything you want in a skeet venue. The complimentary lunch is good too. I'll be bringing my mother-in-law's award winning famous potato salad!

Everybody has fun and feels welcome regardless of skill level or the cost of their guns. You will see some interesting classic pumps and SxS's being used. This is a good time without a lot of high stakes, high cost pressure.

It's definitely worth a little driving time. Thanks Russ for the notice.

Hope to see some of you there. Good luck to all.
fred lauer
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

I'll second that. Last year was my first time there, really enjoyed it. Hope to shuffle the work schedule to make it this year. No need to worry about how well you score, it's still fun. I hadn't shot skeet in 15 years and really haven't shot it since last year, it's cool just to see some different guns.

Grousen
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:41 am  Reply with quote

Grouse gunner is just being modest. He failed to mention he won the whole shebang last year!

It sure was nice seeing grouse gunner take it with a pump gun. Kind of warms my heart. But having seen him shoot under pressure, I don't even know if I will be bringing a gun. But rest assured, I'll have my fork and knife!

Hope to see you there.
RWG
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:14 pm  Reply with quote

Grousen:

Have you been doing some trading with Jaqua's recently? Russ
Grousen
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:00 pm  Reply with quote

Uh oh, have I been missing something Russ? To answer your question, no I haven't.

I see you and Tim have been out practicing for the Vintage Shoot. I hope your shooting has been going better than mine! Good luck in the shoot. I'll see you in the food line!

Warren