16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Gran Lightning
rpm
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:16 am  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

I have an opportunity to buy a Gran Lightning in 16 for well under wholesale; one of those friend of a friend type deals. Anyhow, I was browsing through the '05 Browning catalog and it appears that the Gran Lightning pictured has the Superposed style vent-rib - not the hollowed trough for collecting wayward seeds and other flora that has been a personal pet-peeve of mine in regards to the Citori.

I'll likely proceed with the purchase, though I'd like to hear from some of the Gran owners if it does indeed have the "upgraded" vent-rib as it certainly would be an added bonus.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:30 am  Reply with quote

I hate to bust your bubble, but the factory rib on the Gran Lightning is the same as on every other citori Lightning, regardless of grade. They have the same basic rib as the field models. That is, unless Browning has changed it. However, the gun you are thinking of buying is almost certainly older. Look at the one you intend to buy or find out beforehand or you might not get what you are looking for. Good luck. 16GG.
swamp rat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:40 pm  Reply with quote

I agree with 16gg - I own numerous Browning Citori's in all the gauges and all of them have a vented rib. Even several that where made for the European market where solid ribs are found.

Are you sure it's a Browning?

rpm
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

No bubble bursted here. I figured it would be the same vent rib on my grade 1, but if any of you have a 2005 Browning catalog, it is clearly a Superposed vent rib in the pic. Wishful thinking, I guess.