16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  WTB Sweet Sixteen
Sweet Sixteen
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:38 pm  Reply with quote

Hello, I'm looking to purchase a good to above average conditioned 1963 Sweet Sixteen. Anyone lurking around with one of these for sale? Also, would anyone have a Standard Auto 5 16 ga. barrel of 27 inches or longer for sale? I know, I know, it's a long shot, but , heck you don't know unless you ask. Thanks. David.
rhtx55
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:54 pm  Reply with quote

The best deals right now are on Gunbroker.com, do not be afraid to haggle with them, contact the seller and make an offer, some are willing to deal right now.
The barrels alone are running very high $400.00 to $650.00 a lot of guys are now buying complete guns for just the barrels, and "parting out" the rest of the gun.
The only reliable source for barrels right now is www.barrelexchange.com,
but you will pay a premium price. I have dealt with all the above and have experienced excellent service.

Just missed one gunbroker item # 117133552
They are listing a 1967, and a 1973 sweet sixteen as of today.
I have no affiliations with either of these listings or gunbroker, I was just relating I have had excellent service from them on several occasions, and I believe they are only one of the many reputable on line auction services. I have also experienced good luck with local weekend gun shows, with these you have the opportunity to actually check them over carefully before you purchase. They have a huge show in Tulsa Oklahoma twice a year, if you are looking for collector grade guns, that is the place to go !! It is well worth the trip. I am always "looking" so if I come across one I will contact you.
ithaca4me
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.yankeeartifacts.com/Shotguns.htm This one looks pretty decent.
SLLDUCK
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

there is a gun shop called Bromely's in Mason City Iowa that has 2 nice sweet 16 ribbed gun round knob about the vintge you are looking for Check out Guns America or Guns INternational as he has them posted there.
Sweet Sixteen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, I've finally located a 1956 Sweet and it should arrive tommorrow. Very Happy I've learned a great deal from the good folks on this board and have my fee sent in to become a member and to help support this wonderful gauge and website! Thanks again Exclamation David.