16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Wolf Ammo
16crazy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

On another post there was discussion on asking Wolf to produce 7/8 ounce 16 gauge ammo. I think they are a good bet to be in touch with consumers because of another experience with them.

Another passion of mine is Enfield Rifles. The 303. The surplus ammo for it dried up and cheap factory ammo with a FMJ bullet was hard to find. Many 303 shooters were letting Wolf know that a brass cased 303 round made to service round specs was something they wanted. Wolf came through within the last year marketing this very ammo in their gold ammo line.

Wolf picked up the Yugo Prvi Partizan brand for this stuff and it is great ammo. While Wolf does not make it themselves they found a way to met the need at a good price.

I hope the 16 gauge crowd can make as much noise as the 303 British bunch. I bet they will listen.

BTW - I wonder sometimes in this land of 12 gauges and 30/06 God made me love the 16 and 303. Okay I really don't wonder, passion has a language all its own.

16 crazy
hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

You would think there is a market for that-those that don't load their own would have a source of reasonably priced shells.
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:29 am  Reply with quote

Don't know anything about Wolf's brass cased centerfire shells or their shotgun ammo but all the steel cased centerfire stuff I have tried has been horribly inaccurate (out of guns with known accuracy). I would pass up any Wolf shotshells unless I had many good reports on them.
16GAwaterfowler
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

hoashooter wrote:
You would think there is a market for that-those that don't load their own would have a source of reasonably priced shells.

Like everything else these days , if they don't see a big enough profit in it most companies don't want to know about it. I think Remington has to be the best at that one, they make a new line of 16 ga. guns and don't offer up any more shell selection for them....Now that makes sense
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:23 am  Reply with quote

I've learned fro m long experience that very little Remington does seems to make any sense. That is also probably why they are in deep doggy doo financially. The old joke poem "Roses are red. Violets are blue. I like peanut butter. Can you swim?" makes more sense to me.

I'd love to be able to sit in on one of their board meetings. The only problem would be that I'd most likely be falling out and on my ass laughing. Wait a minute.... what an idea! They could charge admission and make a fortune--enough to save the company perhaps. Comedy Central--Remington style. What do you folks think of that?