16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  20 ga. wads
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:29 am  Reply with quote

I 'spect they will too. My GD powered 1150 FPS 3/4 ounce loads turn a well hit skeet clay to dust without fail if the jerk on the trigger is on time. Indian--not arrow. Very Happy
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:10 pm  Reply with quote

spr310 wrote:
Bronco wrote:
TB: Six point folded crimp. The Low Pressure forum had a sweet load using Fiocchi/Cheddite hulls with Gulandi 1621's at about 7200psi. Tom tested this load. I just hate waiting half a year for Graff and Sons to restock the wads and hulls.

Everybody seems to be mixing components and sending them in to get tested and then getting unexpected results. I can see then why they should be sent in. I'm just doing some wondering out here? Confused Confused Confused

SPR you are absolutely correct. I have been surprised by some of the results I have seen come out of recent testing. That is why I make a practice of never exceeding the loading data that is published either in the "16 Gauge Reloader's Group" files, published in a component manufacturers reloading guide or that is written on one of Tom Armbrust's data sheets. I know this data has been checked and re-checked and I'm not going to risk one of my fine old double guns on unverified or suspect data. [/u]
Bronco
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:35 pm  Reply with quote

Bronco wrote:
Received the results from Tom yesterday. So much for low pressure Shocked
Avg pressure of 10,400psi
Avg velocity of 1258fps
Won't be using these in the old doubles. They load and crimp so nicely, I will continue to use them in the M12s. Bob

I dropped the powder from 16.5gr to 14.5gr, all else the same, and shot a round of skeet with my Charles Smith double. 22, my average, broke targets with the same authority as 16.5gr. Will send the lighter load to Tom on Tuesday for testing. Bob