16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  SHOT Show: 16ga. Beretta, How bad do we want one?
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:55 am  Reply with quote

Well, the reports are coming in. Beretta will be making a 16 ga. SxS on the 470 line it's been reported. So have a bunch of others decided to jump on the band wagon. I'd say this group has had no small part in the matter. Congratulations to all of us for our efforts in bringing back the 16 gauge. But look who is not on the list...Remington and Winchester. What a shock... Ya, right. Some things never change. But then, I never expected them to. 16GG.
USAFA 71
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:42 am  Reply with quote

Now if they will make the stock with neutral cast(i.e. no cast-off or cast-on) then the left-hand shooters can join the fun too. But Beretta likes to put a lot of cast-off on their guns unfortunately.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:55 am  Reply with quote

I think you can order what you want from them. Beretta is one of the few companies that readily provide stocks for lefties. I'm betting a nuetral cast is not real hard to get either.
KyBrad16ga
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:39 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
Well, the reports are coming in. Beretta will be making a 16 ga. SxS on the 470 line it's been reported. So have a bunch of others decided to jump on the band wagon. I'd say this group has had no small part in the matter. Congratulations to all of us for our efforts in bringing back the 16 gauge. But look who is not on the list...Remington and Winchester. What a shock... Ya, right. Some things never change. But then, I never expected them to. 16GG.

Actually I am not sure if it will be a 471 or if it will be one of the 626's. I just got home from browsing around in the Bass Pro Shop in Clarksville IN, just across the river from Louisville since I was up that way for business earlier this afternoon. They had 2 626 Beretta sxs, a 20ga and a 12ga, one had sst, pistol grip and semi-beavertail forearm; the other had sst, straight stock, and a splinter forearm. Both were very nice guns, but given my choice I think a 16 in the straight stock, splinter forearm would be a very nicely balanced yet light gun for upland shooting.

Anyway, that's my gun report for the day... LOL

Cheers,

Brad

P.S. They DID also have a classic lightning Citori 16 grade I. Nice little gun, but they had it a bit overpriced ($1800). Swung very nicely though, very dark wood on it but had a few decent lighter streaks in it. If it had been more reasonably priced I would have thought about it harder.