16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  B and P USA F2 Hunting Loads
blackduck
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:32 am  Reply with quote

Foursquare wrote:
RWG wrote:
Myth. The older F2s that I shot used the Fiocchi VIP hull. Loads just like any other Fiocchi 67.5 mm hull. Not sure if the new ones use the Gordon hull system or the Fiocchi VIP. Russ

OK, Russ, I went to the B & P home sight in Italy and couldn't find much detail about the Gordon system.

What is it? How does it differ from Rieffenhauser?

Pete

Don't know if this contains the info you are looking for on the Gordon system but there is some detail on this B & P site: http://www.baschieri-pellagri.com/uk/main.html
RWG
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:21 pm  Reply with quote

Foursquare wrote:
RWG wrote:
Myth. The older F2s that I shot used the Fiocchi VIP hull. Loads just like any other Fiocchi 67.5 mm hull. Not sure if the new ones use the Gordon hull system or the Fiocchi VIP. Russ

OK, Russ, I went to the B & P home sight in Italy and couldn't find much detail about the Gordon system.

What is it? How does it differ from Rieffenhauser?

Pete

Pete:

The Gordon system has a unique base wad that is bounded to the brass ring so that the base wad shows thru the brass. Its designed to reduce recoil. Some say it does, others dismiss it. I've been very impressed with 12 ga. Gordon loads. Especially the low pressure 2 1/2" stuff. Unfortunately I have not shot any of the factory 16 ga. loads using the gordon hull. Only the older F2s using the Fiocchi VIP hull. Russ

PS The ad in Shootingsportsman magazine is very descriptive of the hull's construction.