16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  What are people thinking? Ebay?
16crazy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:46 pm  Reply with quote

I did a search on Ebay for 16 gauge hulls and was shocked at the price some people are paying for hulls. I thought some Federal hulls were going for something like 16 cents apiece!!!! That is $4.00 a box for empties.
To each his own but maybe with the cost of factory loads being what they are this is a lot of $ for hulls.
On second thought I should buy factory loads buy the case (ok I do that now!) and sell them on ebay. That might work out cheaper then reloading.
I will soon have a flat of 2.5-inch polywad empties. As I do not reload them 2.5 inch I wonder what they would go for??

Last edited by 16crazy on Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:10 pm  Reply with quote

Quite a few of those overbids are spooks jerking everyone around. If you watch, you will often see the same lot up for grabs again or the seller will go down the list of next highest bidders until he hits a taker. Then there is the occasional certified screwball who pays the long price. this week is vacation week and a lot of kids are loose with computers too. Its a nuthouse on ebay when school is out.
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

I reload mine but now I may have to rethink the process. I buy 16g Federal at WalMart for $4.27 normal price and resell the empties for $4.00 which means it cost me .27 cents per box. Shocked It seems too good to be true. Oh well, food for thought anyway.
Ron
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:23 pm  Reply with quote

Now you guys might believe me when I reported I've seen Win 16AA wads go for over $12 a bag plus $5 shipping each. So many suckers....so little time. Laughing
hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:12 pm  Reply with quote

ebay is just another auction-have you attended any local auctions ????things go for more than what you could buy it new for Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Some folks are either completely stupid or get caught up in the moment--completely stupid Exclamation
IDcut
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:26 pm  Reply with quote

It truly amazes me to watch some of these boneheads pay substantially more for an item on e-bay, than what it could be bought for new. Oh well,What ever floats your boat!
CH
blackduck
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:29 pm  Reply with quote

IDcut wrote:
It truly amazes me to watch some of these boneheads pay substantially more for an item on e-bay, than what it could be bought for new. Oh well,What ever floats your boat!
CH

My brother does pretty well every year selling off decoys out of the Snow Goose spread as he upgrades in the spring. Almost every set of decoys he sells on e-bay sell for more than retail. I have no idea what people are doing but we appreciate it. Very Happy Mr. Green
IDcut
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:21 am  Reply with quote

Blackduck,
More power to those ebay sellers who can make a tidy profit from their sales items.
CH
Haiwee
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:32 pm  Reply with quote

Those Federal hulls ended up selling for $63.00 -- that's 18 cents apiece. Using the least expensive components out there this guy is going to be paying more than $8.00 per box! I just bought a case of 1 oz. Federal loads from Precision Reloading for $6.70 per box, including shipping (apparently not too many 16 gauge shooters here in Southern California, because I can't find shells locally). Ebayers crack me up.
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:43 am  Reply with quote

I once again have demonstrated my squishy brain by THROWING AWAY a case and 1/2 of Win SuperX hulls out at Ben Avery during last fall's pre-bird season 16 gauge tune up. Sorry guys Confused . Will be saving my empties and GIVE THEM to whoever promises to take a new teen shooter out bird hunting next fall. First volunteer responding on this thread wins.
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:57 am  Reply with quote

WOW-that took about 5 min. Empties now gladly promised to a fella who already takes teens out. Revdoc.