16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Parker 16 on 0 ga. frame
timberdoodle16
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:20 pm  Reply with quote

Here's the deal. I have a Parker 16 on an 0 ga. frame made in 1917 I am thinking of selling. I live in Ilion NY so I took it to DelGrego and they told me the right barrel had been bulged in an effort to make it accept 2 3/4" shells. Said it was a very common practice. Father and son differed on their views as to whether or not it's shootable. Actually, I shot it quite a bit hunting grouse and woodcock. I am thinking of getting rid of it because honestly I can't afford to fix it, don't want to sleeve it, and I think it deserves someone who can. It is very solid but the finish is worn. Still it's a very tight gun with a crisp action. I have a good idea what it would be worth if it hadn't been butchered, but none in the condition it's in. Still, it has not been modified or tampered with in any other way. If anyone is interested, let me know. Thanks, Joel Layaw
Trigg T. Davis
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:19 pm  Reply with quote

I have a 2o0gauge o frame also mase in 1917. I might have an interest in this gun and in possibly restoring it. If you would like to discuss it sned me and email or give me a call at 907 440-8881. Thanks. Trigg
woodcock hunter
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:20 am  Reply with quote

Joel, I thought I already replied but am not seeing it on the board, so will try again, I am interested in your O frame parker, would like to talk to you about it , my phone number is 507-253-8011 from 6am to 2pm, email is llbarn@us.ibm.com, or send me your phone number and I will call you.
Thanks Much!
timberdoodle16
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:35 pm  Reply with quote

Trigg, please send me your e-mail address. I work nights and different hours and it is hard for me to get ahold of anyone. I will try to send out pictures this weekend. Have to get in touch with someone with a digital camera. Thanks, Joel Layaw
timberdoodle16
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:24 am  Reply with quote

I have decided to take this gun off the market because of liability reasons and because the price I would need for it would make it cost prohibitive to restore it. Thank you to everyone who inquired. Joel Layaw