16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  restoring vs refurbishing
mod11rem
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:26 am  Reply with quote

Well, I took everyone's advice into consideration regarding the Mod 11 20 ga. I have that was just plain ugly. Not wanting to invest a great deal of money, but wanting a presentable gun, I took the low road. I found an older semi-retired gunsmith who took it (at his leisure). He cleaned up the wood and made nearly invisible a couple of hairline cracks in stock. Then he applied his own mixture of some sort of cold blue (to metal which had no blue left whatsoever). It looks like a different gun, still shows some scratches on metal and deeper dings in wood, but is entirely presentable now. Like 16GG, I wanted that well used but not abused look. It is exactly that and I would loan it out to anybody as it is still flawless in operation and function. All for $65.00 cash. I'm now proud to have it in my collection of Mod 11's and may even shoot it from time to time just to make sure. Just what I wanted and got it done cheap. Now maybe I'll have enough in reserve to acquire that next 16 that pops up from time to time. later mod11rem