16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  New run of Citoris....more info
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:54 pm  Reply with quote

[quote="16gaugeguy"]

Problem is, every 37 16 ga for sale lately seems to have a "history" or is claimed to be a supreme grade or some other BS catagory, when your eye says standard gun? Why is it most folks selling a 16 pump think we 16 ga folks are stupid? They are assuming wrong if this group is any measure of our kind.

I was just looking at a "supreme skeet grade" on an auction site. The gun has a 28" full choke barrel and no engraving. Its about an 80-85% gun at best with plain wood. Don't ask the opener bid wanted, its too depressing. The guy who used this one for skeet must have been a fabulous shot to hit skeet birds with a full choke gun regular. Perhaps not and thats why its for sale. Wink

I contacted the seller on this one more out of curiosity than anything else, and gave him the benifit of the doubt at first. I rattled the cage a little to see what might drop out.

the seller first feined ignorance about misrepresenting the gun and claimed he was getting conflicting info from around the internet oin it Then later stated he'd been in the business for 30 years or more. you'd think he'd know what he's selling after 30 years wouldn't you? I guess he either lost track of his BS or doesn't care. Some folks would rater climb a tree to BS you rather than stand flat footed on the ground and speak the simple truth.

The gun is nothing special. I finally called a spade a spade and told him I would not be willing to deal with him, because of all the garbage he has continued to spew. I would not be stupid enough to send him money for a promise after this ration of crap. I'd be cautious dealing with this puppy. he's on Auction Arms. 16GG
payneod
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:08 pm  Reply with quote

I have had a Browning 16ga. Citori on order since last December. I spoke to Browning and was first told that they didn't know what I was talking about. I had the lady at Browning check it out for me and was told that 500 guns would be made for the distributor Bill Hicks. When I called Bill Hicks, I was told that indeed an order for 500 guns was placed and that they didn't know exactly when they would arrive. They thought it would be sometime this summer. The gun I have ordered is the 525 16ga. field model with a 28 inch barrel. About 1 month ago, I fould a dealer that had a 16ga. Lightning with a 28 inch barrel that was new in the box from the last run. I bought it immediatly. I love the 16ga. and can hardly wait for the new citoris.