16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16 ga CITORI
CORLEY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:24 am  Reply with quote

First post for me. Befor I posted this message I made a phone call to a Shooter supply shop in Phoenix Az. I wanted to confirm that the Citori grade III Lightning 16 ga. 28' and Citori grade 1 Superlight 16 ga 28' (both guns listed as 98+)were still available. If they were I was going to post that info here for interested parties. Well, they are sold and were going out today. So congrats to some lucky owner, I wonder if he is a member?

I need to know what one has to pay for a used CITORI 16 ga UPLAND SPECIAL in good shape?

I do know of a dealer that has a grade 1 CITORI LIGHTNING 16 ga blue receiver 28' NEW in the box for 1600
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:42 pm  Reply with quote

Mercy !! $1,600 ?? Makes me glad I bought mine when I did....it sure fits me well; I used it this afternoon to shoot a 48x50 at skeet today in a very strong wind. I find the grade I Citori to be a very versatile shotgun in 16 ga. If you're interested in one, I hope you find it; don't think you'll be sorry....

hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:46 pm  Reply with quote

CORLEY-Welcome
Wolfchief, we are experiencing the same high winds across the river
TJC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:55 pm  Reply with quote

Corley,
Can't help you with the current prices of the Citoris but $1600 is more than I paid for my Citori Feather in 16ga. But that was about 18 months ago.

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:33 am  Reply with quote

Prices are definately on the way up now. it seems the last ones at decent prices on the racks have all been snapped up. The ones left are those offerd by folks who have held out for the higher dollar. Now it seems to be pay up or go without.

I know where there is one for $1349. A month ago, it would have been a good price. However, a week or so ago, someone dinged the crap out of the stock while handling it in the shop. it has three big ugly diagonal stripes down its onside. The shop won't negoiate either. they feel like they are at the bottom already. Too bad. Its got a modestly nice piece of wood on it for a 131 series short tang gun.
CORLEY
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:55 am  Reply with quote

Today I told the dealer that the grade 1 for 1600 is too high, he said that he sells 12 and 20 grade ones for 1500 and he said that he would sell this one for 1500. He said that MSRP is 1685.
I personally have a CITORI 16 ga UPLAND SPECIAL that I have carried GROUSE hunting in upper wisconsin and pheasant hunting in Illinois. I always put a set of gun chaps on to protect the wood when I hunt. This guns weighs 6 lbs and is a pleasure to carry and shoot. I have not carried it for Grouse for some time, not since I had alittle accident in Wisconsin. One day while hunting Grouse with an ITHICA ultra featherweight english 20 ga model 37 I sat down on a stump to take a break, and when I sat down the stump gave way, it was rotten but didn't appear that way befor I sat down. I fell over backwards and tumbled down the hill. The only problem was I wa still holding on to my gun and it became logged between 2 adjacent trees and broke the stock in two. I glued the stock back together and decided that with the grouse terrain I hunt, along with my lack of good balance that I ought not carry the 16 ga for Grouse.

2 years ago I purchased a lightning feather grade 1 16 ga 28' for pheasants. This gun also weighs 6 lbs. So I would like to get rid of my upland special as I now carry a FRANCHI 20 ga 48 AL for Grouse. I dont use the Upland much any more and Llike to get rid of it to someone who can appreciate and use the gun. I would like a 28' superlight to carry in the field.

On another note, I called Bill Hick's about the run of 16 Brownings due in August. I especially inquired about a superlight 16 ga 28' and they told me that their cost was 1295. If you go to Bill Hanus Birdguns site he lists the MSRP on this gun, so if you multiply the MSRP by .738 you can come up with the cost that Bill Hicks would charge a dealer.
john l
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:58 pm  Reply with quote

I bought my Lightning model in 1989 for $588.00. Sometimes I feel like the luckiest man alive. Wow!
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:27 am  Reply with quote

Corley, if you're looking to get rid of that Upland Special, suggest you list it here. Wouldn't be surprised if someone's interested. The for sale board over on gunshop.com is another good place to sell a double.