16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  16 ga. Remington Field Loads
hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:42 pm  Reply with quote

Having run low on hulls,I opened two recently purchased flats of 16 ga. game loads to replenish my supply.The crimps were dished in to where the shot was visisble.Another luxury provided was ample flame thrown out the ejection port.Some loads were bloopers while others were rather harsh.Last year I had trouble with 410 STS hulls being VERY low on shot.When I contacted Remington no response was ever received.Anyone else experience the same thing?
16GAwaterfowler
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:21 am  Reply with quote

I would cut one or two of the more dished shells open and see if they put wads in them, that's happened before in some factory shells. Either that or they didn't put enough shot in as you stated or they had a lot of powder migration in those loads.
16GAwaterfowler
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:21 am  Reply with quote

I would cut one or two of the more dished shells open and see if they put wads in them, that's happened before in some factory shells. Either that or they didn't put enough shot in as you stated or they had a lot of powder migration in those loads.
TJC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:54 am  Reply with quote

I'd contact Remington by phone and again by email. Stay on them.
I've never had the problem and have used a number of the game loads for shooting clays.

16crazy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:53 am  Reply with quote

A few years ago I had a box of Remington Copper Solid Slugs that has several slugs loaded upside down. I took them back to the dealer and he offered to replace them because "Remington will not do anything."

The guy had been a Remington dealer for about 25 years. He said every year he had a small box of Remington ammo with issues. In the past Remington always addressed the problem but now they were doing nothing.
This was about four years ago so I do not know what Big Green is up to these days.

On a side note a buddy of mine bought a box of Winchester 7mm08. One primer was seated sideways and crushed in the primer pocket. He contacted Winchester and they sent a box to ship the ammo back and sent out a UPS truck to pick it up. Along with this he was sent a $25 gift certificate.

16 crazy
CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:20 am  Reply with quote

Shot up a flat of Rem. game loads yesterday with no issues other than recoil! A little stout for a 6lb. gun. I have been lucky as Bass Pro Shops always seems to have them in stock. Stopped by Dick's Sporting Goods this week and also picked up some Win. Super X #8's. They had a several flats of #8's and #6's.

Matt
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:59 am  Reply with quote

CitoriFeather, what was Dick's asking for the Winchester #8's in 16 ga.? I assume these were 1 oz. loads? Thanks....

CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:59 am  Reply with quote

Wolf: They were $3.99 per box, with I think, a 10% discount if you bought a flat. I'm very happy with the Remington cases for reloading, however, there is so much good reloading info for the cheddite hull I wanted to get some for reloading some pheasant loads for next fall.

For some reason it rubs me wrong to hunt pheasants with a black hull although I don't think the pheasants care!

Matt
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:46 pm  Reply with quote

Usually by the time I get done using the black hull loads on the roosters, they have no feelings about it one way or the other.....thanks for the info---I'll check at the Dick's in South Bend.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

Hate to cut up a brand new hull Evil or Very Mad Embarassed Shocked I will shoot them thru my newly aquired Spartan and check the barrels between shots Wink