16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  RBL going in again
slemley
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

My RBL is going in again for barrel work. I have loose change again in the rib. This will make it the 5th time going in for barrel work. I'm getting frustrated.

Ben Yarian
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:51 pm  Reply with quote

wow I am sorry that this is happening to you. what kind of rib do you have. mine is the standard rib and I have about 3000 rounds through it, and no troubles. But i did just order one of the reserve rbls and did order it with the vent rib.

Ben
slemley
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:05 pm  Reply with quote

The rib in between the barrels is hollow and that is where the solder is coming loose. I have 85 shots total threw the gun 35 shots bird hunting and this past week 1 round of sporting clays.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:49 pm  Reply with quote

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING when a high quality shotgun like that lets go with so little use Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad i would be in touch with the company and let them know what I thought and how you have let those of us on this forum know about it Exclamation
gunsrus
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:59 am  Reply with quote

Dump it !
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:35 am  Reply with quote

I don't know about that. IF the rib is not loose, meaning all you have is some balls of solder rolling around, an effective repair was shown to me in France. Casting wax was melted and poured in through the holes left in the warmed under rib from blueing.
This hardened and trapped the loose solder. It takes an expert to know if the rib is attached solidly the whole length, however.
It might be a simple fix to get the gun quiet. Good luck.

Best,
Ted

MHinGA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:50 pm  Reply with quote

I'm wondering if you bought the gun new from CSMC, and if so why you haven't sent it back to them to fix the problem.

Heb 13:14
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 am  Reply with quote

MHinGA wrote:
I'm wondering if you bought the gun new from CSMC, and if so why you haven't sent it back to them to fix the problem.

My RBL is going in again for barrel work. I have loose change again in the rib. This will make it the 5th time going in for barrel work. I'm getting frustrated.

Sounds like he's already sent the POS back 4 times

MHinGA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 am  Reply with quote

Ah, I mixed up this thread with another mentioning sending to a gunsmith (not the maker).

I would think that at this time, CSMC should offer a replacement or a refund. But, these days companies do "what's right" less frequently than they used to-- or so it seems.

BPGuy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:17 am  Reply with quote

I've got to agree; I'd ask for a new set of barrels on the current gun, a new gun, or a refund. You've played nicely for more than long enough. Asking for them and getting them are two different things, though.
slemley
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:11 pm  Reply with quote

I did ask for new barrels on the 3rd time in. also e-mailed the plant manager. I was told that they do not do that, meaning I would not get new barrels on my shotgun. I told them that it was like ordering a new car and when it came you pointed out to the sales-rep that it had a scratch down it side and the rep saying but it's still a new car. I could all most write a book on the CSMC experience, and all of it with a bad taste in the mouth.

MHinGA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 pm  Reply with quote

Wow, am I glad that I didn't buy a RBL 16ga; I was very close to doing so, but got a great deal on a Merkel at the last minute.

Sorry for your experience

510wells
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:00 pm  Reply with quote

slemley wrote:
I did ask for new barrels on the 3rd time in. also e-mailed the plant manager. I was told that they do not do that, meaning I would not get new barrels on my shotgun. I told them that it was like ordering a new car and when it came you pointed out to the sales-rep that it had a scratch down it side and the rep saying but it's still a new car. I could all most write a book on the CSMC experience, and all of it with a bad taste in the mouth.

DO, write a book a out it! Then upload it to every shotgun web site. Also open a complaint with the the local (to CSMC) better business bureau.

Bitch loud and long Very Happy Just because "Tony" builds over priced and in VERY poor taste (decorated) guns He probably thinks the customers who buy the less expensive stuff don't matter. Teach him otherwise Laughing

Gopher it...

slemley
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

Here is an update on what's going on. CSMC sent me an e-mail with shipping labels and said to send the hole shotgun back to them, and that the barrels may need to be replaced. Gee I told them that 2 re-works ago. I still have very little faith in getting the new barrels.

Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 pm  Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your problems. If you like the gun I would send Tony a letter and tell him your story and see what happens. My take is this company is really having some growing pains and depending on who you get defines the experience.

I was an early bird buyer of the 20 ga launch edition and returned it for a refund with no problem, but I never fired the gun and I sent it back within 24 hours of receipt. I don't know Tony but I have to think a guy who built this company from the ground up will not be pleased his firm can not fix a problem the first time let alone with 4 tries.

I am not a fan of the CSMC products but I really like the fact they are a U.S. company trying to meet our needs.