16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Parker VH 16 2 barrel 0 frame
GregCon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 pm  Reply with quote

I have for sale a VH Parker 16 with two sets of Vulcan steel barrels in 28" and 26" lengths.

Pistol grip / splinter forearm.

Gun letters as a 1901 sale (Serial 105XXX) with 28" barrels and 14-1/4" LOP. It now has the second set of 26" barrels and a 13-3/4" LOP over the DHBP. I am very confident the gun was returned to Parker for these changes as the work looks 100% correct and the 2nd set of barrels are stamped with the proper serial number.

Condition is good with some 'pushing down barbed wire' wear on either forearm and what appears to be some old small repairs in the buttstock right around the shield area. It looks like someone might have used some wood filler in two spots about the size of a pencil eraser. Or it might just be some sort of staining. The 26" barrels appear to have seen far more use than the 28" barrels and have some light, scattered pitting about halfway down. The 28"barrels have no pitting. Both barrels have twin ivory beads. They probably are replacements as the front beads looks slightly large but they are well done otherwise. Both sets of barrels have the wear plate on the lug and the top lever sits well right of center. I made a quick measurement of the chokes and they read 28" R.023 L .031 and 26" R .001 L .003. I have not measured chamber depth or wall thickness. Case color is decent, probably 40%.

I would consider this gun to have seen some honest field use but still has plenty of life left in it.

$5500. Located n Texas. Email me at gregcem@msn.com for any further questions - I will not necessarily check this post for questions.