16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Fiocchi Hulls
CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:07 am  Reply with quote

Anybody know of a source other than BP? They're out of stock.

Thanks,

Matt
jchandler
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:58 pm  Reply with quote

had the same problem. Finally ordered a flat of factory loads. The GT (Game and Target) is a nice light load. I just got the Fiocchi Ammunition catalogue and was surprised to see that velocities and pressures are listed for all their loadings!
The GT is 1165fps and 6810psi.

The once fired hulls load ok. Some splitting in the crimp folds are noted even after the initial firing.

Jeff
XVIgauge
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:03 pm  Reply with quote

Try Midway.
XVI

Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:17 am  Reply with quote

There's some on ebay Wink
Highcountry
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:53 pm  Reply with quote

One little piece of advice about eBay - check the shipping prices before bidding because a lot of jokers charge outrageous prices on low dollar items. I checked the shipping costs on a few hull listings and some of those clowns were charging $15-16 to ship 200 hulls.

Speaking of shipping costs, I bought a handful of small items and a bag of wads from Precision Reloading. They don't give an immediate quote on shipping when online ordering but do say they will email you the cost before they complete the order. So I thought what the heck, that with the few things that I was ordering, shipping costs shouldn't be an issue so I completed the order. WRONG! They nailed me for $11 and sent the wads in a separate box. Both boxes were relatively small. They just lost any further business from this shooter.

Hc

Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:45 am  Reply with quote

I've got some Fiocchis on ebay right now. The shipping is based on actual cost. Just click on the "calculate shipping" link and enter your zip code. It is the actual cost based on the actual weight. My first batch of Fiocchis were sold last week. I did make an error on the shipping cost. I had been selling some old fishing rods and I didn't fully change the shipping on the ebay template. (7' rod tubes are expensive to ship) The buyer paid the shipping for the hulls with no argument via Paypal. I then noticed the seemingly high cost for him to ship the hulls from WI to IA. I looked again at my shipping parameters and noticed my mistake. I immediately contacted the buyer and told him I would be sending a refund for the shipping overcharge along with the hulls. Again, the buyer didn't mention anything to me about the high shipping. It would have been easy for me to pocket the extra cash ($7). I didn't.

Highwater, if you're referring to those last Fiocchis I sold, now you know the rest of the story. (Good day!) Smile
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:38 am  Reply with quote

Dave, good for you. Its nice to know when a guy values his integrity above money. Glad to know you.
Haiwee
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:41 am  Reply with quote

Dave, I had the exact same experience with an Ebay purchase of wads a few weeks ago. The guy Emailed me about the mistake, and mailed me a refund check for $2.84! (I actually received the check before the wads.) It's guys like him and you that help me keep the faith -- and keep me buying stuff on Ebay.
woodcock
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:06 pm  Reply with quote

Highcountry--I hope you take the time to notify Precision about the shipping gouge---I have enjoyed dealing with them in the past and I hope that the excessive shipping charge is/was an error--------although the outfit IS under new management and is operating from a new location Confused
Highcountry
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:33 pm  Reply with quote

Dave - I wasn't pointing a finger to anyone in particular (I noticed several listings/sales with high shipping). It is great that you "fixed" the issue with the buyer. I do a lot of business on eBay and have noticed a disturbing trend of shipping gouging. I have learned to check the shipping cost carefully because in some cases it is cheaper to buy an item new and pay reasonable shipping. This is especially with many new items listed on eBay where the "Buy It Now" price is very attractive till you factor in shipping costs. As always "buyer beware".

Hc