16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Interesting trip this week - Chicago
bustingclays
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:33 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

Going up to Chicago on the Amtrack with students to the Illinois State Academy of Science Annual Meeting at UIChicago. Best part of trip - wine and cheese reception and banquet in the Great Rift of Africa exhibit at The Field Museum amongst the Tsavo Lions Cool . Watched Ghost and the Darkness a couple of weeks ago to refresh the nightmares in preparation. Taking the Sony digital camera for an up close and personal with these man-eating beasts (not too worried as I can outrun the students Wink ). Too bad Mayor Daley is in charge in that part of the state - would be really cool to pose with a 16 ga drilling (that is if one of ya'll would let me borrow one).

For those of you who have not seen the movie or read the book, this pride of lions ate more than 140+ humans while British were trying to build train across the region in Africa called the Great Rift. Lions in the pride mostly males with very short manes (not like shown in movie) - specific to the region and for some reason man eaters. At the end of the vhs you can hear them talk about seeing the lions at the field museum.

Wonder what revdocdrew and 16gaugeguy would say with a glass of wine and lions looking over their shoulder - "now where is that sissytori/sterlyworth????"

Dr. 16 Gauge
Hal M. Hare
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:12 am  Reply with quote

Hope you can make it up again next month for the Nationals Classic Shotgun Festival held just North of Chicago. There will be many opportunities to fire the top barrels!

revdocdrew
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:56 am  Reply with quote

I'm thinkin', if 16GG is doing his 'X-dressing out of Africa' thing, the lions will be alittle more interested in his carcass than mine Shocked