16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  fitting questions
hunshatt
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

That Worlingworth project that I'm doing(ok it's really the Lc) needs a new stock. When I was fitted all teh measurments were for a POW grip. Everything in teh safe is now straight gripped. Do you think ther will be any major difference in the Lop?

Also I'm looking at either wenig, or great american to do teh restock.
Great American is about 800 less for a similar product, asfar as the phone info goes. Any input on that?
Tim
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:29 am  Reply with quote

Hun from what I hear of your shooting prowess I don't think it will make much difference aftey you add the Pachmeir white line spacer recoil pad.

I have only heard good things about Winigs. Larry Brown has recent experience with work. On the other hand some folks have had good luck with Great American and others have had problems. Probably comes down to getting what you pay for.
hunshatt
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:02 am  Reply with quote

Twice, that hurt.... My spelling is always in question, my shooting rarely.(cause I'm just no good at it). I'll have to get a note to Larry and see what he thinks.
Tim
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:47 am  Reply with quote

Hey Thuddd, have the stock made out of solid ash, just like a base ball bat. That way, if you can't hit 'em flying, you can always chase 'em down and club 'em. Laughing at least you'll get lots of exercise. Wink

That reminds me of the old grouse hunter from Grayson County, Va that everyone said was a great one. They claimed he never missed. When I finally met him, I asked him for some advice on wingshooting. He looked at me blankly, so I said, "You know, while the bird is flying." he just looked at me like I was an idiot and asked, " What kind of fool would try hunting grouse in such a way." 16GG.