16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Gun prices
nhdblfan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:18 pm  Reply with quote

Hi huntshatt,
Bob Jones has three (that diamond grade 20 is real sweeeeet!)Dalys listed.
Here is a link to mine.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/398917.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/img/398919.JPG

I have two labs, I chase those partridge with here in NH as well.
Are there any maker marks at all on that Austrian Hammer?

Rev doc none of the dealers you mentioned are the one I was refering to.The ones you posted about,WLM,Steve B,Wildwood all have fine reputations.I have pm'd you the gun I was thinking was in that auction list so you can see what I am refering too.
best,
Dave
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

Dave, thats one fine looking gun. I'll have to find bob's site. Glad to see your using good dogs, and not those outa control pointy dogs. Lets see, Good taste in guns(specially now that you've taken a hankering to 16's) great taste in dogs. Now whats your position on resonable single malt?
No makers markings that I can find, just proof marks.

Yea, 16gg, what Tjc said. Jeez I thought with all that time you have rocking at the retierment home, you'da had time to look that up on the german on line dictionary. laser killin pheasent machine , even the youngest at kintergarten(thats german for preschool, just couldn't find the umlat button) knows that one.

Rev, play nice...Btw another nasty PM heading your way......
After looking at a few of the parkers, the worlingworth tomato stakes won't have any company soon. I'm pretty sure that gun from a certain maker in a different gauge won't be coming to a ffl in my area anytime soon

Tjc, what you said.

Hows this, fri at 6:20 est and I'm not even posessing a a bit of a buzz, gotta rectafy that.
fin2feather
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:51 pm  Reply with quote

Hun,

My humble shotguns may not stand up to your Ferkel or whatever Pheasant Missing Laser Machine you're always talking about (16gg: "Merkel Jerks" is a classic, ROTFLMAO!!) but I WILL drink your single malt any time (in fact, The Glenlivet is going down just fine right now; the only thing better would be if you were buying!). I'll smoke your cigars and try your pipe tobacco, too. And I'll bet your girlfriend's tomato vines have never fallen over with those good old American Sterlingworths holding them up, so there!

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:34 pm  Reply with quote

Stop it fin, your killin me... plus now that I got home and started hitting the bottle, I'm thinkin you've made a personal afront to my merkel,ferkel, whatever...... I'm a callin you out.... cuban's and bomar at dusk..... since I was the injured, I get to chose the field... Rev's little get together

Thudddddddddddddddd
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

Dave, would my budget from the certain Ct mfg of a gauge other than 16 put me into the area of one of those daly's? Mine would have been one of the close to loaded ones
Tim
fin2feather
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:29 pm  Reply with quote

Hun,

I'll take you up on the Cuban (I'm an H. Upmann man, myself, if you please) and may I assume you mean Bowmore, as regards the single malt? Well, if you must drink those Islay malts (most of which would serve better to soak the grease off old car parts, in my opinion) I suppose Bowmore is one of the least of the evils. I much prefer the Speyside malts, and The Glenlivet and I have shared a mutual admiration for forty years or so, but there are others that will serve in a pinch (Pinch? Now there's a decent blend we might try as well!). But you are, as you say, the injured party, so I suppose it's up to you. Do you have a second in mind? I do, in case I am somehow predisposed. Rev, would you do me the honor? Gentleman, take your positions!

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

Fine, a trip to Monteral to secure the cubans, your choice. I drank all the bowmore, so I couldn't copy the label(spelling) But I like the darkest,or the cigar malt from Dalmore (peaty kinda guy),but having drank the cubard bare I'm not sure I rember what I like, which begs a trip to the tax free booze stores of NH .
So I'll update on what I like (Truth, fore johny black before it got upity$$ wise was good drinking) tommorow .
I'm hoping TJC will be my second, but if he becomes a girlyboy, I'm fairly certain brad 6???? will cover my back.

Forty years of practice, hummmmm, didn't know you were sharing the same retirement home as 16gg.... you like sharing a room with him????..........LOL

Btw I've got lots of old shi* box cars that need restoration, so the malt serves double pourpose(sp intended)

pinch is ok? have seen it just not sure.

Last edited by hunshatt on Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
KyBrad16ga
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

nhdblfan wrote:
That Parker 16 O frame may be the one that is also on G/A and has "issues".There is a seller on both those sites that has a "different view"of how case colors are redone and would certianly keep anyone with even the most basic knowledge far away!

Would that be the same or similar one that was uh, "torched" in a discussion on the doublegun.bbs about case color enhancements not to long back?
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:33 pm  Reply with quote

KyBrad: nhdblfan and I agree the case colors are bogus and likely blowtorched. I suspect the brls were once 28" and IC/M also.

Fin and Thuddd: Ya'll understand I'm Baptist and we don't do that glossolalia stuff so WHAT ARE YOU TWO TALKING ABOUT and if I'm a second do I have to smoke one of those stinkin' things and not puke like a lab after huntin' a field full of cowpies Question Laughing
TJC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:26 am  Reply with quote

Hun,
I'm there. I don't do no ceeegarrrs, but I can drink anything. Very Happy

nhdblfan
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:54 am  Reply with quote

hunshatt,
thank you for the kind words about my recent aquasition in the 16 bore catagory and my choice in canines(we have no children and spoil those labs like no tomorrow).As to Prussina Daly prices,it really a question of trying to find one.I lucked into that one and doubt I will be able to do that again soon but I will keep trying.There are few very knowledgable guys on the Dalys on the double gun bbs who I suspect will tell you that the small bores are a good bit rarer.I am aware of two dealers that have hamerless Dalys offered I think both are on G/A.Of course the best way is to find one before it get that far up the food chain(no disrespect intented and fully aware it a business).
Steve Barnett and Bob Jones guns both have them listed on their sites.If my oil stocks keep climbling maybe one day a Diamond 20 like that one on Bobs site will have a place in my safe but for now I will have to dreamon.

ky Brad,
yes it is one in the same, "the torch". As rev doc says we are inagreement that the gun has been very messed with.There is a thread on that DG BBS board as well.