16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Old 97
Kaiser Norton
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone have some info on these? It's kind of a gray rat, but seems to lock up tight and function OK. I'm assuming it has the short chamber, though I haven't checked yet. A hunting buddy gave me s box of 2 5/8" Baschieri & Pellagri loads, and they function, though I only shot one round (dusted a Muskrat though!) Barrel is choked Full. Stock is worn, but solid. Metal is gray on the receiver, barrel retains about 75% blue. Some freckles of that brown stuff we will not name. Hope to shoot some birds with this in the fall, if I can find some more ammo. Some photos:

Kaiser Norton

deer hunter
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:35 am  Reply with quote

the 3 screw models are the earliest models - if anything they are even heavier made than a later one . It is 2 9/16 chambered . The barrel has lots of metal . The lockup is STRONG ! as long as you can't wiggle the foreend with the gun in half cock or full cock and open the action , the lock is fine . If you don't get a nice metal click when you pull the hammer back , the sears may need cleaning . They usually have LOTS of choke - made before plastic wads were a dream . I didn't notice if the ejector was a block or an L shaped mini spring . The blocks lastforeevr , the springs can be replaced easily . Shells are readily avail although you may have to get them on-line . Your gun is 110 yrs old and will be around the next couple hundred !

deer hunter
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:36 am  Reply with quote

yours is a spring ejector .