16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  My Winchester Model 12, 16 gauge shotguns
Old Hunter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

Being as I can only log in on another computer (mine simply won't allow me to log on, even though I can read the posts), I thought I would start a new topic instead of jumping in on another post, which I may not be able to answer. I sold my 16 gauge BPS a few days ago to a buddy who wanted it for his Browning collectin (it was a nice Grade III). I find myself more interested in the old ones (the Model 12, looking at a Sportsman 58 in the local pawnshop now, and looking around for a vintage Ithaca 37). These two make up my current battery of 16's; a new 1961, pristine and perfect, and a well used 1948 equiped with a Poly Choke that is slick as glass and flawless in operation. The old one has been getting quite a workout on both dove and skeet since July. I found a few boxes of Federal #1 buckshot this past week and intend to take a deer with it in the swamps bordering the Tar River later this season. This has been a real "back to the future" season for me, I last owned a 16 when I was a boy in the mid-late 1960's.

Hammer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

Very nice looking pair.

Thanks for sharing.

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:08 pm  Reply with quote

Your 1948 model is a year older than my look alike, even down to the Poly-choke- they could be twins. Very nice guns Smile