16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Kickeez Rocker recoil Pad
portsider44
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:54 am  Reply with quote

I wanted to add a little LOP to my new Verona. It curently has the factory 1/2 recoil pad, which isn't much.

So I could add a spacer to it or just upgrade to a 1" recoil pad, which is where I am leaning.

Does the Kick Eez live up to the "The ultimate fit & comfort in the shoulder pocket" Or is it more marekting sizzle.

Right now I am looking at the Limb Saver & The Kick Eez Rocker. I know the Limb Saver works wonders on recoil but I am more concerned with it causing snag problems while mounting the gun. Of course I could cover it in leather & solve the snag issue.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:02 pm  Reply with quote

The kick eze does work as stated-how much do you need to stretch that lop?It may be possible you need both a spacer and a recoil pad.IMO-too many factory guns have too short lop by at least one inch.I prefer a 15 inch lop-way too much for most shooters-kinda explains why the factories use shorter dimensions. Wink
XVIgauge
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:09 pm  Reply with quote

All shotguns should come from the factory with an LOP of not a fraction of an inch over 13 1/2"!
XVI

hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:35 pm  Reply with quote

XVI Gauge--Iam 6'1 and 180 pounds don't reckon you are the same size as me .I once shot a K-gun{don't tell my local club}with a 15 and 1/2 lop--and ran a quick 50.Gun fit has a lot to do with your final score.Anything less than 14 and 1/2 does cut into my score.
XVIgauge
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am  Reply with quote

hoa,
I gotcha! I wonder how many others out there took me seriously. Boy that was fun. I am 5'3" and weigh 170. I am a short and stocky George Castanza type guy. Everything I have has to be altered or I just live w/ it. My average LOP is 13 3/8". My inseam is 22 1/2. My shoe size is 6 1/2. There is just not much made for the little guy. Sometimes I just get tired of reading how everyone is so concerned about lengthening the LOP of their shot guns. Go to a museum and look at the suits of armor. They were all made for guys my size. What has happened to all of the Celtic people? Am I the only throw back?
XVI

portsider44
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:04 am  Reply with quote

I am 6'3" & prefer LOP around 15" for hunting guns. According to Verona my gun is 14.57 with factory recoil pad, which isn't muchof a pad. SO if I go with a 1" recoil pad, I should be around the 15" mark, which works for me.

If I was going to be doing a lot of skeet or trap I would prefer 15.25-15.5, but this is my hunting gun that I will be shooting in tee shirts during dove & part of quail season & with my coat on for part of quail & pheasant season.

ANything over 15" creates problems when I need more layers on.