16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  NIB Pacific DL 155 Reloading Press in 16 gauge for sale
Flytier
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

This is a new in the original box Pacific/Hornady DL 155 16 gauge reloading press. All of the original paperwork is included (instruction manual, load data, powder bushing chart, etc.). In addition, it comes with one shot bushing for 1 oz of 7 1/2 and a #390 powder pushing. This press is in perfect condition and is unused. I picked it up for my own use and before I could use it I lucked into a Hornady Apex in 16 gauge. The dies, shellholders, etc can be removed and with the purchase a few gauge specific parts, one can setup a Hornady 366 for 16 gauge reloading. The shellholders are apparently the hardest items to come by and Hornady does not have any more 9according to them).

Anyway, the asking price is $125 + actual shipping charges.

PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks in advance,

flytier
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:41 am  Reply with quote

If you mean the rotating shell holding plate on a 366 DL, a 20 ga. plate can easily be modified to work. Simply scribe a line around the 20 ga. shellbase ports to mark the right size for 16 ga shells and carefully grind them out with a dremel tool. Smooth the ground surfaces off with fine abrasive paper or a kratex wheel and apply some good cold blue. Done! Easy peazy! 16GG
Flytier
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:30 am  Reply with quote

16gg,

I am not exactly sure. I am fairly new to shotshell reloading, but I know the guy at Hornady told me the shellholders from the press were hard to find and they had no plans to produce more. However, after looking at the diagrams on Hornady's website, the shellholders look like they are more specific to single stage presses. Anyway, here is a brand new press for sale complete and ready to go for 16 gauge.

Thanks,

flytier
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:14 am  Reply with quote

I think we are on the same page. 366DL reloaders are a progressive presses and don't use shellholders. they have rotating shell plates with 8 ports to accept the shells. The plate advances counter clockwise one station per pull of the press operating handle.

The plate is removable and interchangable for different gauges. Hornady does not make a 16 ga. shell plate anymore. But anyone can easily modify a 20 ga plate as I've discussed above. With your parts and a little engiuity, anyone could convert a 366 DL to 16 ga. hope the info helps. 16GG.
Flytier
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

Sold.

flytier