16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Soon to be 16 Gauge Owner
wscato
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:40 pm  Reply with quote

I went to my local LGS and ordered a Stoeger Condor in 16 Gauge today. Hopefully it will be here soon. I lucked up and found 6 boxes of Remington Gun Clubs at a local Dick's Sporting Goods on sale for $3.69 a box. Didn't even pay attention to there normal price.

My local Hardware store stocks the following 16 gauge shells, but only sells by the case. Are these good prices??

Remington Gun Clubs $41 / case
Federal (not sure what they are) $54 / case
Fiochi ( Not sure what they are, only has them somtimes) $59 /Case
Kent Uplands (only has them sometimes) $84 / Case
fin2feather
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

wscato,

Welcome; hope you enjoy the Stoeger. Where do you live, anyway? That may be the best in-stock selection of 16ga shells I've ever seen! Wish my local hardware store (or any other store, for that matter) had a selection like that! Shocked Prices aren't too bad either, considering they're 16's!

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
wscato
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

I'm near Charlotte,NC. The hardware store doesn't have their shells and relaoding stuff out in the main store. He orders and supplies a lot of stuff for members of the local shooting club and will sell to others as well. I found out about them two years ago by word of mouth. He has great prices on everything. The only thing he doesn't keep is Steel, Bismuth and Hev-Shot.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:08 pm  Reply with quote

wscato--
1.Save those empties---they are the same as cash.[and the boxes}
2. If you would in the future email on how you like the Condor-I am nosy
3. Local price in Illinois for game loads is $4.39 at Rural King.
4.Save your money,shoot only the game loads and with the coin buy a MEC loader and save even more money Wink Wink
MGF
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:28 am  Reply with quote

Do 16 ga reloaders want once-fired game load hulls such as the Remington and the Super-X? Heck, I usually just give my hulls a way.

That Gun Club price seems pretty good to me. Best price for 16s I've found around my region is 4.49 a box for the 1 oz Super-Xs.

Worst I found was a gun store charging $9.98 for the Remington game loads. The Meijer had the same loads for $4.99 ... course, I bought the Meijer's ast four boxes in No. 8 two weeks ago and haven't seem 'em restock them yet.
3DocPop
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:59 am  Reply with quote

Man, it must cost a bunch to get the mule train west of the Sierra's. I found the Remingtons at a Big 5 for under $4.00 one time! Regualr price more like $5.00 Crying or Very sad I also found some Estates for under $5.00, again only one time.

Mostly, here, in the West Coast natural habitat of the liberal, 16 gauge is $6 to $8+ a box, and any kind of selection just does not exist. WallyWorld charges right at $8 Shocked for a box of Federal, and you have two choices, 1 1/8 oz of #6 or #8 shot Exclamation

It might get better as we get closer to September 1, but then again Question Question
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:22 am  Reply with quote

MGF: I send my empties to Dave M. After re-loading, he uses them to take teens out shooting clay targets. We all need to do our part in getting young people interested in the shooting sports again!
KyBrad16ga
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:29 am  Reply with quote

Quote:

4.Save your money,shoot only the game loads and with the coin buy a MEC loader and save even more money Wink Wink

Amen to that Hoa. I think anyone who shoots a 16 would get much much more satisfaction and flexibility out of their guns by reloading. You can put together loads that the stores will not carry and give yourself the most potential out of the gauge that you can get.

My dad has uh, let me think 6 Mecs set up in his loading room right now? Yeah, he's got the loading bug bad and is definitely a "hull whore", going around scrounging hulls at the nearby gun clubs etc. Hes got a couple of thousand hulls in various gauges and conditions now... LOL

Brad
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:41 am  Reply with quote

Can you varify the 16ga. Remington "Gun Club"? I did not know Remington was making any thing in gun club but 12 and 20 ga. target ammo. What weight shot charge, velocity, etc. Thanks, 16GG.
canam
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

I am a little jealous of the prices some of you find. The normal near me is $6.00 to $8.00 a box and no case discount( because there are very few cases). My latest try has been to order through my local hardware store-- at least I don't have to drive far. I will just reload. Once fired rRemington shells are sold by BP or Precision( cant remember. If you are throwing them away I am sure someone, myself included, from the 16 g gang would take them.
canam
wscato
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:23 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy wrote:
Can you varify the 16ga. Remington "Gun Club"? I did not know Remington was making any thing in gun club but 12 and 20 ga. target ammo. What weight shot charge, velocity, etc. Thanks, 16GG.

Sorry they are game loads. I picked some up today from the Hardware Store and I was going by the info the guy gave me over the phone. They wound up being $44 and some change with Tax.