16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  invector chokes
curveman
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:19 pm  Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend outlets with a good selection of invector chokes. And, how can you tell a citori with an invector plus system ? I recently purchase a 2003 Superlight and an '87 grsde III

Thanks

CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:10 am  Reply with quote

Curveman: The Brownings are marked "Invector" or "Invector Plus" on the barrel. Invector Plus are pretty easy to find. Regular "Invector" choke tubes can be obtained from Briley or directly from Browning.

Matt
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:20 am  Reply with quote

LOTS of choke tube suppliers and styles in the Brownell's catalogue. Sportsman's here in Phoenix sells 12g. Winchoke tubes (will fit Invector but not Invector Plus and have an extended section so you don't need a tool) for $12-$15. 16g. invectors are ALOT harder to find.
ColoradoPaul
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:33 am  Reply with quote

Got mine from Briley. About 14 bucks each. I've always been happy with Briley.
kgb
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:35 pm  Reply with quote

Got mine here:

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product/browning/chokhome.htm

and they were made for browning by briley, hence measured true to the Briley charts on their website. They show Full, Mod, IC, Cyl and Skeet.

curveman
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:37 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks. Wholesale Hunter looked good, but the page 404'd when I tried to check out. I'll try it again sometime. The $15 per choke for original brownings seems good. I hope they're just having a short-term glitch.

Square Load
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

I emailed Whole Sale Hunter and the 16ga. Invector tubes they are selling are the stainless steel tubes made by Briley. Unless you are buying 3 or more they are cheaper directly from Briley, $17.95 ea. with free shipping.

Does anyone know who still has any of the black 16ga tubes made in Japan which match the ones my Citori came with? I am looking for a cyl. and skeet. My gun came with a i/c at .006" and a mod at .015", but also included a full at .048"! What do they think anyone will ever hunt with that thing? If I can't find any of the black tubes I may sell mine and buy a set of tubes with the restrictions I want from Briley.

Dennis
kgb
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:23 am  Reply with quote

Dennis,
You got that right, you've got to consider shipping when buying from Wholesale Hunter. Also, the measurements of your original Citori chokes jibe closely with mine and any others I've seen. Yours might be about .003"
tighter, but pretty close---the barrels on my gun are .001" off from each other as well. The Citori Cyl and Skeet are likely to be pretty close to the IC you have; Larry Brown had some of those if I remember, and I think one of them came in tighter than the IC.

I bought my gun used and it came with 5 extended Briley tubes. They've got a parallel after constriction, about .75" long, and I patterned these against the factory Citori tubes. There wasn't much difference given similar constrictions, at least with the one loading of #5's I used.