16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  More Options in 16ga Society T-Shirts Needed!
SCGunNut
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:39 pm  Reply with quote

Don't know who to address this to but what would it take to get some more options in the 16ga Society short sleeved T-Shirts? I have one of the dill colored long sleeves but I want a couple different short sleeves and I refuse to buy a white shirt. White T-Shirts are good only for a couple wears without being stained from sweat and just general day to day activities. We need some options in darker colors: black, navy blue, hunter green, brown, whatever, anything other than white...Am I the only one?
USAFA 71
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:29 am  Reply with quote

Additional colors would be a good idea, although the more colors, the higher the cost due to inventory, etc. I like the idea of bright colors to call attention to the shirt, like international orange, or flourescent yellow or green, but those might be too bright for some. Just a thought. Very Happy
pudelpointer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:36 am  Reply with quote

I would buy 3 or 4 if some acceptable colors were offered. 1 orange 1 brown 1 green or olive 1 blue or gray.
sneem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 am  Reply with quote

I agree wholeheartedly.
Here's my suggestion. Add the different colors in short sleeve. I like the logo on the long sleeve shirts better than the short sleeve. It needs an option with a pheasant over the 16 Ga Society logo. Keep the shell box on the back. Put together something like that and I'd buy a couple.

flyline
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 am  Reply with quote

Put some pockets on them for us old blind folks that carry our reading glasses in them! I'd buy a few.
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:32 pm  Reply with quote

IF pockets are added, please offer the option of which side the pockets are on. I shoot right handed so the pocket would need to be on the left side.
Otherwise the butt stock catches the pocket when dismounting the gun.

I do agree on the need for a darker color as the lub on the action of my sxs and o/u's can really stain a white shirt on the first outting.

I do wonder what sales quatities have been realized in each of the past five years. Really wonder if all this discussion is of value dollar wise to the seller.

Mike
35Rem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

Any endevour like this requires a good bit of "play" money that someone doesn't need to use for quite a while. That kind of cash is harder to find these days.

The profit margin isn't exactly really high on this stuff, either. Go to a printer and ask what a small batch (100 each?) would cost. It would be around $15 a shirt, or more. These are selling currently for $20. Add in costs for someone to take orders, package and ship, deal with the printer, these are "freebies".

I'll bet if someone was willing to handle a "group buy" type thing and do all the leg work and lay out the cash, it might get done.

I've done this type of thing before. It's tough. You really have to do it for the love of the Society. Not a ton of money to be made.

Now if we could get Walmart or BassPro on board to buy 10,000 or so... Very Happy
Hal M. Hare
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:23 am  Reply with quote

I would prefer polo or golf shirts to t-shirts.

Perhaps a pre-payment option would have a better chance of getting anything like this off the ground.

MHinGA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:12 am  Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for ball caps (unstructured, please) and T-shirts so of course I'd vote for more variety, but I understand the economics of the thing as well.

I really like the 16 ga. caps available with a variety of game birds: the minimalist design suits my tastes, and something similar in a polo shirt with a small bird/logo on the breast would sell, IMO.

Heb 13:14
smashdn
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:02 am  Reply with quote

35Rem wrote:
The profit margin isn't exactly really high on this stuff, either. Go to a printer and ask what a small batch (100 each?) would cost. It would be around $15 a shirt, or more. These are selling currently for $20. Add in costs for someone to take orders, package and ship, deal with the printer, these are "freebies".

White shirts are cheapest. More colors on the log = more screens to be shot = more passes = more cost

One color white t-shirts are cheapest. Greys are next cheapest.
Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:12 am  Reply with quote

I'll take three of each. Reno

35Rem
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:14 am  Reply with quote

My $15 number is white or gray. Add colored shirts and it's another $3-5 per shirt.

There are people that will do this stuff, but you ain't gonna get them for $10 each, even if you eat all the other costs with running around and making the calls, etc, AND no profit.

College kids have special shirts made all the time (I was one, once) and I used to work in the same store as a printer. The shirts aren't cheap for something decent. Add the creating a design(s), and then the labor to put it on, printer profit, and a few discarded mistakes, you are at $20 or a little more per color shirt.

Its a neat idea, that has been done (visit www.16ga.com to buy a shirt, hat, mug, etc). It's some cool stuff.

Lets face it, though. There is already stuff not being bought. Why add to that pile?

I'm sure that Doug MAY be willing to let someone help with making more shirts, if it doesn't cost him. He may not, as he won't be selling his old stock.

Anyone with $1,000 - $10,000 or so they don't need? Laughing
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 am  Reply with quote

You could always buy the long sleeve, then cut and hem into short sleeves. Use the remnants as oil rags.

onefunzr2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:57 am  Reply with quote

USAFA 71 wrote:
I like the idea of bright colors to call attention to the shirt, like international orange, or flourescent yellow or green, but those might be too bright for some.

I wonder what these gents would think about Day-Glo T-shirts? Unless they were really California skateboarders in drag.

Jagdhund
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 am  Reply with quote

Just a note: I was wearing my long-sleeved Society tee early this spring and a nice young lady asked me what the I-6 Georgia society was. She didn't know what a wood cock was, either.