16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Gun prices
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:04 pm  Reply with quote

Very interesting list of auction sale prices for LOTS of guns and guns that did not meet the reserve. Was stunned to see a Parker VH 16g 28" ON AN O FRAME that did not meet the $1200 reserve Shocked I'd give that for one with a broken stock Exclamation
http://gunshop.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000023
hunshatt
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:34 pm  Reply with quote

It was probably one of your guns, that you tried to swat the birds with after you saw how effective the merkel is at being a pheasent killin laser beam
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:48 pm  Reply with quote

hunshatt,
You haven't lived to felt the joy and beauty, of holding a 16 gauge, 0 frame Parker in your hands. Wink
And we don't have to mount a guided laser sight on them like you do your Merkel. Wink Wink
hunshatt
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:36 pm  Reply with quote

You know, it's kinda funny. I was at the smith's today. Droped off the Lc to get that project started. Brought the Merk, and the simson, to see how close they were to my "measurements" the merks right on, the simson is a simidgen off, not bad. Then for giggles put them on all on a scale. The simson(16ga) 6lbs 10oz, the merk (1620, supposed to be the lite weight) 6lbs 11oz. The Lc with 30" barrels 6lbs 12oz.. Intresting. Then I got to play with a pre second wwII sauer in 16 that was a tad over 6lbs. Very nice gun plain wood, but off face, though not badly. I commented that it was a nice gun, Smith says he's not suprised I said that, as it was one of mine that he's had for getting on a year.......
Got to touch a few other very nice things, sooooooooooooo I think rev knows where I'm going with this, regarding a different gauge gun that I may or probably won't have on order in a couple of days....

Whats a O frame like??? And what kinda Parker can I get for the almost fully loaded price tag of the gun I may or may not have on order. I know if I could be bothered to lower my personal standards, I could get 9 or 10 worlingworths for that cash...........But in a classic ???
Foursquare
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:51 pm  Reply with quote

Rev,
1200 was the high bid. No telling what the reserve was.
Might a' been 2 or 3 times that.

Pete
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:53 pm  Reply with quote

I'll let Dave M or Brad6260 talk about Parkers but an O (small frame usually for 20s) is the Holy Grail for 16s. There is a pristine (I sure talk about this gun alot-Woodcock will need to explain to me what that means Rolling Eyes) VH 16 over at WilliamLarkinMoore that is almost TOO nice to go slogging through the S. Dakota gumbo as often as I fall down and the dog steps on it. Asking $4200 and likely to go for less. But I do have that 16g. Sterly and a back up rainy day 12g Sterly so I could just use it for nice days and to blow away the Merkels in Montezuma and ....oh......never mind...... Crying or Very sad
hunshatt
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:06 pm  Reply with quote

Hummmmmmm, 4200. Got a web site? Not much more than the unmentioned other gauge gun
TJC
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:18 pm  Reply with quote

revdocdrew wrote:
I could just use it for nice days and to blow away the Merkels in Montezuma and ....oh......never mind...... Crying or Very sad

Orrrr, NOOOOOOTTTTTTT Wink

revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:22 pm  Reply with quote

It's www.williamlarkinmoore.com BUT the VH isn't even listed and no pics. You could call and ask Dave or Dan about the gun. For the record I'm NOT on retainer Very Happy

BTW: New Merkel insult on the Ithaca M-37 thread Laughing
nhdblfan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:30 am  Reply with quote

That Parker 16 O frame may be the one that is also on G/A and has "issues".There is a seller on both those sites that has a "different view"of how case colors are redone and would certianly keep anyone with even the most basic knowledge far away!
Having collected sporting arms for many years I find I also have the 16 gauge bug but seem to gravitate towards the pre war German/Prussian guns and find them to be far better in fit and finish and sometimes better deals.I picked up a neat pre war Merkel that is presently being restored (NOT by the guy who did that Parker) last fall and just added a sweet Prussian Daly that swings much better for me than any other gun I have.
hunshatt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:20 am  Reply with quote

What $ range are the Daly's ect?? I have a 189? austrian guild 16 hammer, sub 6lbs that I love,when I get to shoot behind pointy dogs, not so fun in the woods of New England behind beau, the super lab.

Rev, got it, and there's a really nasty PM on it's way to you. Don't open it around the kids or the pup..
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:29 pm  Reply with quote

Sometimes I wonder how much thought the Germans put into naming something, especially something to be marketed overseas. I mean really...don't you kinda think naming anything a "Merkel" is just asking for trouble?

I don't speak German, so I've not a clue what it means or if it is simply the name of the guy who made them. But it sure is kinda like naming a boy "Sue." There sure as hell is gonna be some trouble about the silly sounding handle sooner or later.

I'm willing to bet there is a fellow somewhere named Fred Ferkle who owns a Merkel. I can here it now, "Here come old Fred Ferkle and his freakin' Merkel." "Its a Ferkle Merkel." "Yeah, old Fred is another one of those Merkel jerks."..and so on and so forth..ad nauseum. Rolling Eyes Laughing
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:54 pm  Reply with quote

nhdblfn: I found the VH 16 on GA at Wildwood and don't believe it's the same gun.

THUDDDDD Idea Got some great options for 16s on the gunsamerica site:
BHE for $35000 (yes-that would be thirty five thousand dollars Shocked)
CHE for $15000
GH for $3000
VHE for $2750
AND WHAT YOU REALLY NEED-Steve Barnett has a straight grip single trigger VHE for $5000 (Brad6260-you out there brother Question)
AND lots of 16g Trojans
JUST TRYING TO RESCUE A BUDDY FROM CSMC
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 pm  Reply with quote

Merkel translates into Laser Killing Pheasant Machine. Very Happy

revdocdrew
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

Losers Keep Poking & Missing Question