16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Lurking in Bass Pro Shop
16ga.
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:42 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin
Site Admin

02may06

This arrived via email. I thought I'd pass it on. --16ga.

Hello , I am a lurker on your bulletin board and I note that many of the topics tend to be trouble finding shells . I really don’t want to register to post one message but I thought you might share with your constituents that Bass Pro is a very good source for shells. They carry the Remington black hull ammo at I believe $3.85 / box and the shipping isn’t bad. I believe the last flat I purchased was about $44. So if you want you might post this little gem on your ammo board. and by the way I enjoy reading every ones comments on the 16ga. of which I have two. I trust you will not post my email address or any thing. Thanks A fellow 16ga ‘er
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:26 pm  Reply with quote

16ga.- Could you please pass this on?

Hey Lurker-Thanks for the tip but come on and join us brother. We're all good guys just trying to help (well-I know 16GG gets kinda scary sometimes Razz ) It's very unlikely a herd of 16ers will show up at your doorstep with torches and pitchforks demanding your 12s and autoloaders. BUT, for the record, Dave M will collect your damascus brl Parkers, Brad 6260 any M-21s or single trigger Ithacas, TJC your Merkels, and Fin and I will fight it out for your Sterlys. There might be a pretty good battle for your A5s, M-12s and M-37s so just toss them out the front door real quick and step back. Please understand, if we'll let JERSEY BOYZ and guys who shoot FRENCH guns in, you'll be fine Laughing Laughing
wildweasel
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:57 pm  Reply with quote

I have ordered lots of those Remington 16s in 7.5 an 8s. The shipping and price is the best via mail order that I can find and I've spent hours looking. Even after the shipping is included, the cost per box is cheaper than most of the stuff I can find in stores around here.

They did run out last year in the fall. Or, at least, they temporarily stopped offering them on the website late last year. But, they did come back.

Bass also carries the Winchester Super X game loads that should cost about the same and that I know come in 16 gauge but for some reason, they don't carry the Super X 16s - only 12 and 20 in that brand.

I like those Winchester super X shells just a little better than the Remington game loads. There's a bunch of other shells I like better than both of those but none are in that price range.
hunshatt
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

Lurker, don't let the rev fool you. The only person on this board that wants (if you have one) your tire iron sterlingworth is the rev... Fin got way better taste... cubans and single malt, how can you find fault with a man like that?? Whatcha got for a dog?? Good lab, or some ill mannered pointy dog?
bustingclays
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:56 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

By my recollection, preachers with guns (even sterleyworths) are something to be reckoned with Wink

Bass Pro here in St. Loius sends me a sale flier about once per month and I saw that they had remington game loads in 12, 16, and 20 for $3.65 per box so I called up a friend of mine who lives about 10 minutes away from the Bass Pro and sent him on a mission for 4 cases of the 16s and a case apiece of the 12s and 20s all in size 8. He returned with the 12s/20s - NO 16s in the store - ever.

Cabelas is moving in - maybe they will cater to the 16 ga crowd....

Dr. 16 Gauge
ioannes
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:43 pm  Reply with quote

16 gauge ammo is as rare as hens teeth here in N. Idaho.

Rumor has it that Cabela's is coming; so maybe that will change. Smile

Ioannes
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:03 am  Reply with quote

Idaho,
You can find 16g at the Black Sheep just off Hi Way 90. The last ones I purchased were Federals but they had Winchester and Remington all in 7.5 and 8's. Their prices were under $4.00.
Best,
Ron
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:21 am  Reply with quote

Rev doc wrote:

16ga.- Could you please pass this on?

Hey Lurker-Thanks for the tip but come on and join us brother. We're all good guys just trying to help (well-I know 16GG gets kinda scary sometimes ) It's very unlikely a herd of 16ers will show up at your doorstep with torches and pitchforks demanding your 12s and autoloaders. BUT, for the record, Dave M will collect your damascus brl Parkers, Brad 6260 any M-21s or single trigger Ithacas, TJC your Merkels, and Fin and I will fight it out for your Sterlys. There might be a pretty good battle for your A5s, M-12s and M-37s so just toss them out the front door real quick and step back. Please understand, if we'll let JERSEY BOYZ and guys who shoot FRENCH guns in, you'll be fine---

Geez, Rev, give the guy a chance before terrorizing him with images of us decending on him like a swarm of locusts and cleaning out his gun safe! I know I'd never do such a thing. I mean, while you guys have his attention by breaking in his front door, I might sneak in the back way, slip up on him and depants him as you guys charge in. but thats about the worst of it. Whats so scary about that? Rolling Eyes Laughing
hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:23 pm  Reply with quote

Check out your local Rural King stores-they will order for you-usually around $3.50 a box and no shipping.I am not sure just how many states these stores are in--Il.,In.Ky and I believe Tn.
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:00 pm  Reply with quote

HOA is correct about Rural King: I was in the Niles, Michigan store on US 31 on Tuesday and they had the Remington 16 ga. 1 oz. Game Load in #8's priced at $3.79/box. If you're looking for 12 or 20 ga. target loads, they were selling the Estate #8's in 1 oz. 12 or 7/8 oz. 20 ga. for $3.29/box.
As Hoa knows, there are Rural King stores in Terre Haute, IN and Danville, IL. as well as Niles, MI. Rural King is a no-frills farm supply store on the order of a Tractor Supply.....

MGF
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:03 pm  Reply with quote

I've never seen a Rural King in north-central and northern Illlinois. Have seen Big R's, though. Anyone find 16s at those?

So far, best deal I've been able to find in a short drive from home are the Federal game loads at 4.49 a box or the Winchester Super-X at 4.99 from the Meijer on Indianapolis Blvd. (Route 41) in Highland, Ind.

I like the blue-hulled Fiocchi 1 oz loads at 1165 fps, but haven't been over to the Gander Mountain in Merrillville, Ind., lately. Hate fighting the traffic around U.S. 30 & 41.

I've been running those three loads through my gun at skeet, and find little difference in performance, but have noticed (or at least thought I did) slighlty milder recoil from the Fiocchis.

One of these days, I want to try the BP 1 1/16 oz. loads just to see what they're like.
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:31 pm  Reply with quote

MGF: Will let you know about the B&Ps after the case I ordered arrives on a slow barge from Italy.
Prairie Pat
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

Hi all ....Bass Pro Online has Remington game load in
16 ga size 6,7.5 and 8 shot .
about $4 a box delivered. I just ordered some.

p
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:46 am  Reply with quote

UPS just delivered my 2 flats of Rem game loads from Bass Pro Shops, at $3.69 per box. Total shipping for 2 flats to eastern PA was $9.

The cheapest price I could find.
87016ga
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

thats the best price going anywhere i have seen.