16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  CZ Shotguns
Roy Richter
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

I am a bit late adding to this thread. I have a 16ga Ringneck. I have used it two hunting seasons, solely on California quail in Northern Nevada. I shoot behind a good pointing dog and did not miss a bird. As posted, it is straight and since I have lost a lot of weight, it fits my cheek extremley well.

The only new thing I have to say is that I had a very competent store selling various shotguns weigh the gun. On a scale used by a gunsmith it weighed 7.5 lbs. It is a good piece of wood. wood to metal is very good, etc.

In my opinion, I should have had this gun a few years ago when pass shooting doves and pigeons wirh more powerful shells in the California Imperial Valley. Following a dog, I think the Bobwhite with 26 inch barrels instead of 28 inch would be better in Nevada. The gun is just too darn heavy to carry for hours.

I shoot 7/8 oz shells; don't need anything more than that using a good dog.

side by side
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:10 pm  Reply with quote

I have owned my 16 ga CZ Ringneck since the 2006 season. I bring it to South Dakota every year and I use 1 1/8 oz #6 shot on the roosters. Great combo. The Ringneck is my "go to" shotgun for upland bird hunting.
gold40
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:01 pm  Reply with quote

Not 16 ga., but I've used a 12 gauge CZ/Huglu Bobwhite SxS for the past 18 months. A decent gun for the money, and it comes with 3" chambers and five choke tubes.

The Bobwhite has a straight/english stock.

After 1,400 rounds it began to "double" with heavy hunting loads. I sent it to their warranty center in K.C., and they returned it fully repaired within 3 weeks at no cost.

gold40