16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Going to Cabelas in KC, KS
bustingclays
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:33 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

Just happens to be going to a meeting in Kansas City Missouri tomorrow and Thursday that lasts late in the evening on Thursday necessitating an extra night and a trip to CABELAS Friday. Last time I was in Cabelas in KC was when I was returning from Russell KS in January after a fantastic hunt with Last Chance Wings and Labs I scored on some 16 ga bismuth shells at $10 per box (4 boxes 4s and 6 boxes 6s) and a David Maass ruffed grouse print signed and numbered, but I BLEW it on an Ithaca Model 37 in 16 and an Abercrombie and Fitch Zoli in 20 ga - just couldn't convince myself to spend the funds even though both guns were about 90% and priced close to right ($279 and $1100). Both were 26 inch barrels and I prefer 28 inch so that was that.

I hope to redeem myself on Friday - flight doesn't leave for home until 5 pm and breakfast meeting is over by 9:30 am. Time to drool Wink and I already have two signed copies of FFL in the briefcase Cool .

Can't wait (and will report when I get back).

Dr. 16 Gauge
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:18 am  Reply with quote

They still list that re-finished (and overpriced) 16g. LC and now have a Lefever (Ithaca) A-grade skeet (with a cracked forearm) that looks like fun.
Awaiting your report and dreaming about my visit in Nov Very Happy
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:42 am  Reply with quote

Rev,

Nice 20ga Sterlingworth on there, if you've got an extra 2+ grand laying around. And that Western Arms 16 looks like a decent buy at $800...

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:04 am  Reply with quote

Had a like new Western Arms 16g once and it's long gone now-like an idiot once again Embarassed Probably traded for some sideways shootin' (when it went off) Merkel or some like cow-pie. Very Happy