16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  new or used o/u
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:39 am  Reply with quote

Hey Grousen: stop lurkin' and keep typing brother Very Happy You make sense, have cool guns, and I'm thinking maybe a setter dog? BUT WHAT '16GG' ARE YOU SPEAKING OF?? No poster by that handle on this forum that meets the description of being 'right on the money' Wink
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:24 am  Reply with quote

Larry Brown wrote:
Here in Iowa, the Cyclone fans know that the N on the Husker football helmet stands for "Nowledge".

Gee, Larry, did you just make that up? Very Happy I guess we know what the "I" stands for!

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:30 am  Reply with quote

Twice Barrel wrote:
Rev I have lived here in Kansas for the past 30 years and have pretty much lost my enthusiasm for the BIG RED since the end of the Devany-Osborne dynasty.

But I do shoot Fox guns almost exclusively. In fact I am Fox poor owning 4 (or do they own me) 16 gauge Sterlingworths and one 16 gauge AE skeet w/extra barrel set plus a couple more in the unmentionable gauge.

TB,

I've lived here for over 50; fortunately, it hasn't affected my senses Very Happy ! But I like you anyway, probably due to "Foxcosis"!

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:29 am  Reply with quote

Grousen, wasn't it a bit of a shock just how nice these 16 ga. model 37 pumpshuckers handle and work. I have to admit old Ted S. is right on the money here.. even though he's a Citori-phobe, poor guy. Wink I'm also a devoted hinge gun man myself. However, there are days I don't like taking a nice O/U or SxS out in weather too wet for them but not bad enough to not hunt. I finally found and bought a 1969 ribbed model that literally closes itself when I point it at the ground. I love shooting skeet doubles with it, just to practice the proper strokes. It also gives me something to do so's i don't get bored waiting on the second bird to come in. Rolling Eyes Laughing

However, I also must say the Browning BPS, a close copy, is just as slick with some break in time. I would love to see Big B come out with one in 16 ga. I'd be on it like a duck on a june bug, especially if they build it on the 20 ga frame. Well I can dream too.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:38 pm  Reply with quote

fin2feather wrote:
Larry Brown wrote:
Here in Iowa, the Cyclone fans know that the N on the Husker football helmet stands for "Nowledge".

Gee, Larry, did you just make that up? Very Happy I guess we know what the "I" stands for!

You mean "intelligent", F2F? Good guess! Iowa has considered giving the counties bordering the Missouri River to Nebraska, because they do contain a number of Husker fans. We figure it would raise the IQ of both states.Smile

Unfortunately, the I sometimes stands for "incapable" during football season in Ames. You probably did not know that the great Paul "Bear" Bryant nearly retired to Ames, after he stepped down at Alabama. When asked why, he replied he wanted to get as far from major college football as possible. (That's a favorite Hawkeye joke.)
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

And when I was growing up in Nebraska, we always joked that we should give Omaha to Iowa!
fin2feather
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:05 pm  Reply with quote

Larry,

Intelligent; hmmmm...wasn't where I was headed, but...I give up: You win the "old joke" battle Very Happy ! I will say this: ISU has surprised the Huskers a few times over the years, and one of the coldest Saturday afternoons I ever spent was in that wind tunnel you call a football stadium! NU did win, though.

Fin

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:19 pm  Reply with quote

revdocdrew wrote:
Hey Grousen: stop lurkin' and keep typing brother Very Happy You make sense, have cool guns, and I'm thinking maybe a setter dog? BUT WHAT '16GG' ARE YOU SPEAKING OF?? No poster by that handle on this forum that meets the description of being 'right on the money' Wink

well some of us can be right on the money occasionally; others tend to be about a quarter bubble off plumb usually. Laughing
Grousen
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:44 pm  Reply with quote

Rev- Thanks for the flattering reply. And I must say, you are quite intuitive. In fact you were quite close, she's a Brittany. It's a shame that I'm in my mid 50's and she's the first Brit I have had. At times I feel life was wasted all those years without a Brittany.

16gaugeguy- You are absolutely "right on the money" again. I was amazed what a great feel this pump has. And after shooting a 23/25 on the skeet field with low gun and Imp Cyl choke, I was even more amazed !!
I did originally buy this 16 ga. as a "rain gun". But it restored so beautifully I might need another "rain gun".

You guys on this site are too much. Please keep it up!
Woodcanoeguy
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:45 pm  Reply with quote

Grousen....welcome good to see you over here at the "best" shotgun forum. I love the Model 37 16 gauge you helped me find at Cabin Range in New York. These guys here at 16ga.com a very knowledgeable and helpful.
woodcock
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:55 am  Reply with quote

Larry--Mod. 90's ugly? Plain Larry, not ugly, plain(simple? sleek? uncluttered? but not ugly.
Jacob Jesue Escape'
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:46 am  Reply with quote

I wish I could find a seller of a 16 Marlin M90 who thought the danged thing was too ugly to keep. Their prices seem to be shooting up all the time!
If I had one, its pistol grip would go and I'd give the stock some rasping and faux grain to make it so ugly that I could never sell it.
I think I'd like mine choked SK 1 and SK "FORE!"