16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  REPORT from Cabelas trip yesterday
bustingclays
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:28 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

Posted previously about trip to KC and Cabelas and am back so I thought I would report.

Spent about 4 hours in Cabelas Friday (yesterday) and came home with (all sale items)

6 long sleeve shirts
2 pairs columbia shoes
leupold wind river binochs (8x42) (wow they are CLEAR)
2 baseball caps (oil cloth and winter felt)

AND a cabelas shooting bag (also on sale) to stuff it all in and carry on plane (suitcase too full already) Wink

Looked at Glocks (17, 19, and 23 were all $499 this weekend), all used guns, and in gun room. There were some 16s, but nothing that was in my price line or in my plans (no Merkels or sterlyworths in this house Wink ).

Looked 3 times at a Francotte Abercrombie and Fitch 20 ga (26 inch, case coloring, ic/mod and about 85%) - nice gun, but I have heart set on A&F Zoli (if you know of one pm me) - further the Francotte stock had been cut off to about 13 inches and would have required a new one (I prefer 14.75 to 15 inches lop) and I could not see doing this after spending $2300. I'm still lamenting the fact that I let the Zoli go in January at the same store - same rack - for $1400 (just plain stupid Embarassed )....

They still had Bismuth for 16 ga in 6 and 4 at $12.99 per box (on-sale) if interested.

The Estate shells were there in 16 ga at 4.69 per box while 12s were 3.99.

When I go back to Russell in December I will stop and give the place another look-see.

Also was told by gun room manager and another sales rep that the St. Louis store was still hoping to open this November - drooling already....

All in all a good time was had by all.

Dr. 16 Gauge
TJC
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:22 pm  Reply with quote

Yup, I'd like to just once go to Cabela's with an unlimited spending acct. OK, I can dream can't I? Smile

Sounds like you did well for yourself. Ya gotta treat yourself once in a while. Wink
I've got to get out there as I have a Gift Cert from Xmas I need to spend. Figure I would pick up a couple of cases of shells. Problem with the Cabela's in Pa, I've never found 16 ga Estate shells. Win, Fiocchi and Fed but never Estate.

Congrats on all your new "stuff".