16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  DU Shoot today - NILO Farms, Brighton IL
bustingclays
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

One of the local DU Chapters hosts a DU sporting clays shoot and feed every year about this time - I have made it the last 5 years - as a fund raiser. They auction stuff and have silent bidding too.

The location is NILO Farms (Olin spelled backwards - Mr. Olins game preserve/farm) in Brighton IL.

15 stations, 100 shells/birds (winchester AAs by the case in 12 ga at each stand). 2 flights - 8:30 am and 12:30 pm with lunch beginning at 11:30 for both flights (fried chicken, bbq pork chops, spuds, green beans, sourdough bread, pasta shells, jello salad, cole slaw, and all Mt. Dew I could drink).

Cost for all this fun - $95

I took my 16 ga 1100 - new classic field - shot IC choke. If you take anything besides a 12 ga - all gauges welcome - you have to go into the skeet house and get issued 4 boxes of shells and some extra proofs and you must cart around your shells. Worth the trouble in my book as I prefer NOT to shoot ounce and 1/8 loads (which is what they put out for the 12 ga shooters). Shot in a squad of 6 - good friends all. I broke a LOT of hard targets and missed some easy ones (missed 4 rabbits at 1 station Rolling Eyes ). Ran the tower station and the battues - also missed one target that started out 37 yards away and went straight away 4 times. I ended up somewhere in the pack (come on Lewis Class...), but three of my squad were in the top 5 in the early flight.

Once again, great fun was had by all.

Dr. 16 Gauge
TJC
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:24 pm  Reply with quote

Sounds like a great time for a reasonable fee. Wink