16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Report from the Northbrook SXS shoot and show.
Brad6260
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

Unfortunately scheduling required that we only shoot and drool over the guns on Friday but it was quite enjoyable. My little Westley Richards 16 hammer gun made me look better than I actually am. Must have been a bit of divine intervention to boot!

The finer array of guns were well represented. Certainly no shortage of AYA's and Spanish makes in general.
Holland and Holland had a beautiful selection of guns and Galazan was there in force with the RBL.
The RBL should delight those of us who ordered them with realistic expectations. It's not a Purdey,Parker,Fox or SKB. It looks to be a very nice American made sxs with above average qualities and at 3k they look terrific if they are put together by qualified craftsman. As for the infamous delivery dates. It will happen when it happens and don't expect any reliable firm info from CSMC. I really don't think they know and are facing way too many variables to predict anything. As I said to a pal who is quite peeved. If you want a gun that comes with certainties look elsewhere. if your ok rolling the dice on some one else's terms you may get a nice surprise down the road.

A lot of folks have asked about the Kreigoff Essencia.
Beautiful gun that for me felt great, was very well balanced and swung great.Why would I not buy one. At 25k I would head straight to a real nice vintage Dickson round body which to me is the gun that all the other round bodies are trying to measure up to. easy choice.

My favorite gun without a doubt had to be the mint 16ga. B Grade Parker hammer gun that Jack Puglisi had for $34,000. Yikes!

Regards,
Brad
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:41 pm  Reply with quote

Brad---He would have probably settled for $33,000 CASH Shocked Shocked Shocked